Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

spots & blackheads on arms/shoulders/back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,

I'm a 23 year old guy, I get spots and blackheads on my upper arms down to my elbows, across the top of my back and shoulders, and sometimes on my thighs and arse... oddly my face is spotless, my complexion is generally clear.

I heard the other day that this could be an indication of lacking certain minerals, anyone know what that could be?

Recently I've bought one of those bath brush things to scrub the skin more effectively. Apart from this is there anything else I can do to reduce their appearance?

ta :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Ive never known anybody to have blackheads other than on their face. Sounds good though the stuff that helps the skin become clearer id give it a go.
  • Options
    I had this problem when I was younger. I went to a dermatologist and got given some rub on stuff that didnt really work and then some pills that cleared it right up. Now i use wash with scrubby bits in it to scrub away grease and dirt from the pores.

I'd suggest going to see a dermatologist. It wouldnt do any harm. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys :) thing is, they're not big and red like acne, generally smaller, or headless bumps. so pretty unnoticeable from a few feet away.

Perhaps I'll mention it to the Dr when I finally get round to registering :chin: can't do any harm like you said!