Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mixing painkillers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have ibuprofen, aspirin, narproxen and paracetamol which ones can be mixed safely?

Comments

• Options
    Ibuprofen and paracetamol can be mixed safely.
  • Options
    Read the back of the box/leaflet because they often tell you what can be mixed..but as Melian states, paracetamol and bruofen (and products containing of these) are fine to take together.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Ibuprofen and paracetamol can be mixed safely.
    I've been told to take those together by a doctor in the past.
    Narproxen and Ibuprofen are in the same family (if that's the word to use) of medicines I believe Aspirin is too.
  • Options
    Ibuprofin and paracetamol or ibuprofin and aspirin. Dont mix aspirin with paracetamol and ibropruin and Narproxen are the same drug.

Dont take both together for a long period of time unless you've been told to by a medical professional, it can put a lot of strain on your liver.
  • Options
    thanks. i took the paracetamol and naproxen and it had the desired effect
  • Options
    Ibuprofin and paracetamol or ibuprofin and aspirin. Dont mix aspirin with paracetamol and ibropruin and Narproxen are the same drug.

Dont take both together for a long period of time unless you've been told to by a medical professional, it can put a lot of strain on your liver.

Wrong and wrong.
    DONT take ibuprofen with aspirin.
    Ibuprofen is not the same a naproxen.

OP-you took the best combination.
    Aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen are all NSAID's (anti-inflammatory painkillers). You can take any ONE of these with paracetamol. As naproxen is the strongest it was the best choice to make.