Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing weight in your home?

Anyone know little things i could do daily to shread a few pounds off every so often in my home? Im a big chap so going for a jog will be a laugh for everybody else and id rather do it at home :)

any ideas?

(ive tryed running up the stairs but i always fall over)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there if u like cleaning that helps running up +down stairs with hoover even sorting things out im always running around house cleaning sorting cupboards out etc +put music on too that will help get u going cant think of anything else at the mo :yippe:
  • Options
    There is an exercise station on TV 'round here. Perhaps you have something similar? They have lots of stuff from yoga, weights and cardio... and the creepiest thing called cardioke... yeah... its even worse than you can imagine. Or work out videos that you can buy or rent from video stores or the library.
  • Options
    Sounds good..but if you see my bedroom you;d know i never tidy up..
  • Options
    Sounds good..but if you see my bedroom you;d know i never tidy up..
    Then maybe that's where you should start..
  • Options
    spose
  • Options
    joining classes is often a good way to start, or going for long walks, taking stairs instead of lifts and escaltors...excercise DVDs...you could also buy ankle weights and wear them all day...i used to do that...
  • Options
    I think the most sensible thing to do would be to to work on removing those negatives thoughts about what people will think about you, that's your own insecurities. If I saw a larger fella jogging down the road I probably wouldn't either batter an eye lid.

The other thing to do is to eat healthy food and cut out any excessive alcohol intake.
  • Options
    I just came accross this on the bbc website and thought it might be useful

The Army has come up with a way to get fit in your own home using every day objects and has lots of info about diet etc
  • Options
    Ill take a look.
  • Options
    while watching tv

star jumps x 400
  • Options
    get an exercise DVD.

i have been using one this past week and i've managed to lose 5lbs already. of course, this is combined with a healthy diet.