Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hangover? dont be silly!

Okay so as you do you drink over new years

over about..hmm 3-5 hours i had 3 litres of cider (cheap stuff i think not a popular brand) and half a bottle of lambrini(cheap wine) and i didnt feel a thing

i didnt eat much either dunno if this helps though?

are people overreacting when they say they get hangovers coz i dont drink much but i drank loads on new years eve?

cheers
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think everybody is a little different in the hangover department. I can drink till I'm dead but as long as I have eaten food recently I'll be perfect the next day. On the other hand, I could get barely tipsy but if I hadn't eaten in a while (a few hours, not days, mind you) I'll fell like absolute crap the entire next day.
  • Options
    I get shockingly bad hangovers adter drinking wine! They are really horrible, if I just stick to vodka then I'm fine!

I'm surprised I wasn't as hungover yesterday as I thought I would have been. I ate before I went out which is such a bad thing for me and resulted in me missing midnight and new year as I was throwing up in my bf's bathroom :crying: . But woke up yesterday and managed to eat by onion rings and garlic bread I'd bought the night before :yum:
  • Options
    If I've eaten, had only beer and drank water afterwards, I'm usually spot on.

If not, I usually beg for death to escape the agony.
  • Options
    Okay so as you do you drink over new years

over about..hmm 3-5 hours i had 3 litres of cider (cheap stuff i think not a popular brand) and half a bottle of lambrini(cheap wine) and i didnt feel a thing

i didnt eat much either dunno if this helps though?

are people overreacting when they say they get hangovers coz i dont drink much but i drank loads on new years eve?

cheers

People are definitely not overreacting when they get a bad hangover. I have been pretty much unable to move after a few big sessions in the past. They also have indeed got worse the older I've got. It has actually got to the point recently where I am seriously considering stopping drinking. I've definitely cut down my intake in an attempt to avoid them.
  • Options
    Sleep is always a massive factor in my hangovers - if i get a lot of it then i hardly ever feel ill the next day. If im forced to get up for work or something similar then i'll like death warmed up. Half the battle is mental imo though - if someone thinks they should feel ill they probably will eventually start to.