Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to be 'girlie'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having a chat yesterday with the rather wonderful Mrs Quagmire and this came up.

If her style had to be pigeon-holed it would be somewhere between 'gothic' and 'rock chick'. I don't mean she does the whole pasty-skin, dyed hair, black eye-liner and death metal tshirts thing, but the 'goth' thing is one of the closest words I can use.

Thing is I think she is very 'girlie'. Nothing wrong in that of course and I use it as a compliment. But she was (pleasantly) surprised at this and asked me to define 'girlie', and I was stuck.

She's always fiddling with her hair, that's usually a giveaway for me. Not irritatingly so but she always has to make sure it looks its best. I wouldn't have it any other way of course. She's very small (5'4" and size 8, sometimes a 6) which adds to the whole feminine thing (and before anyone shoots me down, I'm not saying bigger girls aren't feminine!) but after that, I'm pretty much stuck, I can't think of any other way to describe it.

Anyone help? Or am I again talking bolleaux?

Comments

• Options
    yeah, it's hard to define. 'girlie' is usually cute, but too much of it is annoying.

girlie is: girlie clothes. baby t-shirts, hot pant jeans, pink or other bright colours. As opposed to wide trousers, skating shoes, etc.

girlie are things she often can't change. A laugh, or a light voice. So a pirates Arh-Arh-Ahr-laugh is not girlie.

girlie is and is often influence from the people around her. Girls that spend a lot of time with other girls are usually girle. A collegue of study of me is not very girlie and I recently found out that she has 3 older brothers and most of her friends are male. So that fits.

It's actually pretty tough to pin-point it like that. Everyone will have different opinions about it, but I guess there are some archetypes of girlie and everyone would agree upon seeing her, i dunno.
  • Options
    i see girly as like loves pink, rabbits, playboy all that kinda stuff

just try tink of stuff girls like that guys think is lame..
    such as the above
  • Options
    i see girly as like loves pink, rabbits, playboy all that kinda stuff

just try tink of stuff girls like that guys think is lame..
    such as the above

What guy finds playboy lame :chin:
  • Options
    You'd be suprised