Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dirty old man?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 34, I'm kinda involved with a 20 year old woman. She doesn't care about the age difference as long as the man she's with will look after her and treat her right.

To be honest I've always been attracted to younger women. By 'younger' I mean around the 20 year old mark. My close mates have said I should ignore what other people say and I guess that's right but I just have a niggling feeling I'm perceived as a 'dirty old man' type.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I don't see a problem with it. It's not like you fancy girls under 16.
  • Options
    It's cool mate, i wouldn't worry about it personally. It just may not work out long term but such is life. Enjoy the ego boost while you can. :p
  • Options
    Fear not young man! My ex was 17 years older and we had no issues :)
  • Options
    It can work - but I will admit that if my friend came home with someone almost 15 years her senior she would be questioned, and so would his motives and/or his mental development.
    Just being frank here.
  • Options
    Meh - My relationship is the opposite.
    I'm 19, coming on 20....my girlfriend has just turned 26. Who cares?
  • Options
    To be totally honest, you probably are. But people will always have an opinion on your relationship, whatever you do, so as long as you are happy, who chuffing cares?
  • Options
    My friend is in his 30's and is with an 18 year old girl. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Dirty old man

Dirty old man? You're only 34 and having a relationship with a 20 year old is hardly a big age gap.

Im 27 and I currently have a crush on a guy who is well about 30 years older than me, maybe more I don't know. I always fancy older men but rarely do anything about it because I care too much what people think.
  • Options
    My mum was 19 when she married my 30 year old dad and they're still together almost 26 years later:heart: . The age gap was a bit of an issue back then, but they got over it.

Oh, and shez27 don't give a shit about what people think. If they look down on you simply for liking what you do, they're not worth it.
  • Options
    i don't think that is too much of a gap but thats my personal opinion, some people might have issues with it but as long as you are both happy then should that matter?
  • Options
    Thing is, I've always considered myself to be 'young' for my age. Not immature or anything, just youthful. I guess some people perceive that as being 'early midlife crisis' or something.
  • Options
    its fineeeeeeeee. Just aslong as your together cause you have feelings for each other and not because you supply her with money n goods!
  • Options
    mate i wouldn't worry about it, just the fact that you're worried of seeming like a "dirty old man" pretty much means that you're not, and that you're with this lady for the right reasons.

chill, you only live once, enjoy it. people may make comments, but just let it go in one ear and out the other.. who fkn cares what they think, it's none of their business.
  • Options
    indeeeeed. they are probably just jealous anyway ;)
  • Options
    mate i wouldn't worry about it, just the fact that you're worried of seeming like a "dirty old man" pretty much means that you're not, and that you're with this lady for the right reasons.

Cheers for that - we've now gone public with it, she's announced it on her facebook and I'm dropping it in to conversations here and there.

We spent an awesome night together on saturday (giggity) and we're nuts about each other - she could be Miss Right (as long as her first name isn't 'Always')?

We've known each other for about 2 years and in all honesty she and I never looked at each other that way. She was married to one of the wrestlers (I'm a pro-wrestling referee) so I kept my distance but they split 3 months ago, we got chatting then recently we realised we fancied the arse off each other. It helped that we've known each other for so long - and it's only now it's occuring to me how fabulous she is :heart:
  • Options
    I'm very happy for you young man, about time too ;):D