Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pain in the butt mum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yo

my mum is all like sayin you gotta eat propa n ur not eatin enough. she sez i've lost weight. I've been ill wich pros affected it. She's treatin me like im anorexic when im really not. it's really annoyin. when i don't eat all my dinner she gets all up in my face.
also she calls me sick because i like slipknot. also she over reacts to everything and goes mental. like today the house was a little bit messy so she goes absolutely mental. and she can't admit that shes wrong. and doesn't reply when she knows shes wrong but when you do it she just yells at me n sez "if you cant have the decency to speak".:mad:
also shes insanely superficial

jen 13

Comments

• Options
    yo

my mum is all like sayin you gotta eat propa n ur not eatin enough. she sez i've lost weight. I've been ill wich pros affected it. She's treatin me like im anorexic when im really not. it's really annoyin. when i don't eat all my dinner she gets all up in my face.
    also she calls me sick because i like slipknot. also she over reacts to everything and goes mental. like today the house was a little bit messy so she goes absolutely mental. and she can't admit that shes wrong. and doesn't reply when she knows shes wrong but when you do it she just yells at me n sez "if you cant have the decency to speak".:mad:
    also shes insanely superficial

jen 13

Erm .. how about the idea that your mother ACTUALLY cares about you which is why she is concerned about your weight? You're at an age where she probably still see's you as a young person but you probably consider yourself an adult. The task here for you is this : If you want to be treated as an adult, you have to act like one first. Keep the house tidy, show her respect while you live under her roof, and make sure that you ARE eating properly etc.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Teagan wrote: »
    No, but yeah but yeah but yeah no but yeah no but yeah... ...but no because I'm not even going on the pill... ...because Nadine reckons they stop you from getting pregnant. Oh... I can't believe you just said that! Don't give me evos! BITCH!

Someone posting advice for the first time really doesn't deserve that tbh.

Jen it sounds like you're clashing with your mum on quite a few things at the moment, and as Teagan says, it might help to try and see things from her perspective as well as your own.

You could perhaps take the upper hand here so carry on listening to the music you like etc - but be polite and maybe eat as much of your dinner as you can and then don't rise to her if she 'gets in your face.' That way she will have little to complain about and might calm down.

Also, TheSite has an article on problem parents that you might find helpful.

Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    TBH it sounds like your mum is just loving you and looking out for you and wanting to live in a tidy house.

She is probably not *that* disturbed that you listen to slipknot but she probably doesn't want to listen to it herself.

however i'm sure all of us at the age of 13 wanted to believe that we were martyers and not understood and put upon by our parents - don't worry though its just a phase and you will get along much better in a few years time.

If your mother is worried about you eating why don't you prove to her that you are capable of ensuring that you can eat properly by cooking a nice healthy balenced meal for the whole family and by explaining to her why you can't finish your food.

You have said nothing at all in your post to demonstrate anything other than the fact that your mother seems to love you very much and wants the very best for you in life.
  • Options
    Sounds like it's lady hormones :)
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Someone posting advice for the first time really doesn't deserve that tbh.

Sowwi Helen ... :blush: