Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Using iTunes without a normal MP3 not iPod.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Probably a really dozy question but can you still use iTunes even with a bog standard MP3?

Comments

• Options
    No, not in the sense of being able to sync it up. Though you can still get many mp3 players which will play the itunes AAC files. Though if you get itunes to import as mp3 rather than the default format, it makes things a little easier.
  • Options
    You mean to transfer files? Most regular mp3 players allow you to simply access the player as a drive through My Computer and drag n drop the files. Forcing a user to use a separate program is some weird standard Apple tried to force on people. Usually the query is "Can I use my iPod without iTunes?"
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    You mean to transfer files? Most regular mp3 players allow you to simply access the player as a drive through My Computer and drag n drop the files. Forcing a user to use a separate program is some weird standard Apple tried to force on people. Usually the query is "Can I use my iPod without iTunes?"

Yes, you can use WinAmp. Also, with WinAmp, you can copy stuff from your iPod to your hard drive, which you can't do with that piece of shit called iTunes.

www.winamp.com

www.mlipod.com
  • Options
    I just use Winamp and plain ol' Explorer :-)
  • Options
    and iPod is an MP3 player, just like a Zune, P2 etc. It's only it has support for the ACC codec.