Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

whats wrong with her?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wrote here before about my best friend of 10years cutting herself.
it got moved to a diferent subject page.
but i think this one should stay here,

my best friends boyfriend told me he liked me the other day, and ive never kept anything from my friend and i thought it was right to tell her. she dumped him and was in tears. she cut herself really bad that night, but the next day they got back together. she says she cant trust him, and dosent know why shes with him.
she keeps seeing her ex, and hes a druggy and has a baby with a woman hes not with. (he 17).
he used to be an asshole but since having the baby hes really mature and responsible and hes told her he would get back with her anytime, when she meets him he kissed her neck and trys being really close. she dosent stop him. i told her to dump her boyfriend and just be with the other guy because recently she onnly talks about him.
but im scared, cause last night she told me she wanted to take pills and i made her promise she wouldnt. but then i asked her if she ahd the chanec to do them would she even though she promised me, and she said she wouldnt do pills she would do coke. and she even told me she dosent know who she is anymore and shes always depressed and unhappy. i dont want to lose her and i feel i am, if there was any oppurtunity to take drugs she would. shes changed and i dont know how to help causse when i say dont do drugs or whatever she wont listen.

im scared because being best mates for 10years i cant help her, i can only watch her destroying herself.

PLEASE ADVICE NEEDED!

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Lauren-01 wrote: »

im scared because being best mates for 10years i cant help her, i can only watch her destroying herself.

PLEASE ADVICE NEEDED!

Hey Lauren,
    It sounds like your friend is doing a lot of things that seem reckless and are hard to understand at the moment. In terms of her relationships with the guys it sounds like she has low self-esteem and perhaps isn't thinking about long-term consequences of actions but looking for things that give her a quick release or a way to escape some of the difficult things that are going on for her.

As her friend, just by being there you are doing a lot - but it's understandable you feel helpless in this situation. Do you have other friends you can confide in about this? Talking to others about situations can help you manage the strain. Also, as was said in your other thread - it might be really tough on your friend to ask her to keep promises that she can't necessarily keep.

You also say you've told her not to take drugs - just saying 'no' often doesn't work - but finding out more information about the drugs she might be looking to take and coming from an informed perspective might help?

Finally, sometimes friends just won't let us in, and it can be sad and hard to deal with but just taking some time away from them can help to get some perspective.

Keep posting and let us know how you are! x