Home Health & Wellbeing
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Energy Drinks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else drink these on a regular basis? I think I've got myself addicted to them - which is quite possible, right? So many bad things in them! But they taste so good! And so cheap!

Basically, I think I've been drinking too much of them recently and my tongue and my tummy feel constantly fizzy.
Should I just give them up?
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Energy drinks, as in Red Bull (caffeine), or as in Lucozade Sport (glucoze = carbs)?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel wrote: »
    Energy drinks, as in Red Bull (caffeine), or as in Lucozade Sport (glucoze = carbs)?

    Sorry, should have said! Like Red Bull - caffeine and taurine drinks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you can get addicted to the caffiene for sure.

    Give them up if you want, or if its causing you problems. Its up to you
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you can get addicted to the caffiene for sure.

    Give them up if you want, or if its causing you problems. Its up to you

    Yeah, I guess it won't kill me. Not unless I drink it with copious amounts of vodka.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :yuck: Eugh I reeeeeeeeally don't like the taste of Red Bull or similar drinks...I'll only ever drink them if I need an urgent energy boost. To me they just taste really chemical-y.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    :yuck: Eugh I reeeeeeeeally don't like the taste of Red Bull or similar drinks...I'll only ever drink them if I need an urgent energy boost. To me they just taste really chemical-y.

    They remind me of that Cremola Foam stuff. Which is possibly why the stuff isn't sold anymore!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got a little caffiene addiction over the summer from drinking 2+ cans of Relentless and popping Pro Plus all day every day. I try and avoid it now because I hated the feeling when it wore off and when I didn't have any.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »
    I got a little caffiene addiction over the summer from drinking 2+ cans of Relentless and popping Pro Plus all day every day. I try and avoid it now because I hated the feeling when it wore off and when I didn't have any.

    Whoa!
    I've never taken Pro Plus. It creeps me out, just because it's in tablet form.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Whoa!
    I've never taken Pro Plus. It creeps me out, just because it's in tablet form.
    To be fair, I was getting up at 3am and working 9 hour days all summer. I was constantly shattered and there was only once when I took so much that it took me above normal (I was literally bouncing, but that was after 8 pills and 2 cans).
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 Incredible Poster
    Franki wrote: »
    I try and avoid it now because I hated the feeling when it wore off and when I didn't have any.

    Do you get the whole shaky, detatched from reality, emotionless thing? I get that, its horrid :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cant be any worse than a coffee addiction - well apart from more expensive
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cant be any worse than a coffee addiction - well apart from more expensive

    That's the thing... I'm drinking the cheap stuff. £1.50 for two litre bottles of Tesco Kick... Oh my God...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeoo litre bottle of tesco vodka and a few bottles of kick
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    Do you get the whole shaky, detatched from reality, emotionless thing? I get that, its horrid :(
    Yup. It was usually when I was back home though so it wasn't too bad.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    concentrate orange mixed with water, cheap energy drink
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z- wrote: »
    yeoo litre bottle of tesco vodka and a few bottles of kick

    = a lot of fun!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tried some energy shot thing once, free after rebate. Says its got the caffiene in one 12oz of coffee and it boasts about how it has no sugar and carbs like I give a damn... has like 8000% dv of vitamin b and 2000% of something else... cuz that just sounds healthy :p It kept me awake for a few hours but I hadn't crashed like that since I ate half the dessert table at my works luncheon. I was exausted.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Whoa!
    I've never taken Pro Plus. It creeps me out, just because it's in tablet form.
    Snorted pro plus :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to drink Redbull every morning Monday-Friday a few years ago. I only really drink Lucozade now but not for energy I drink it because I like the taste (I never have more than 1 bottle a week though usually)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mango Rockstar > all.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Snorted pro plus :chin:

    Bleurgh!!
    My friend snorted some Minstrels he crushed up once...Probably didn't have quite the same effect as Pro Plus.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can't beat Cocaine - seriously it kicks RedBull's arse. It's pricey but you won't forget it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can't beat Cocaine - seriously it kicks RedBull's arse. It's pricey but you won't forget it.

    That looks pretty intense.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Bleurgh!!
    My friend snorted some Minstrels he crushed up once...Probably didn't have quite the same effect as Pro Plus.
    Sounds painful with the sugary shell!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i put a whole smartie up my nose once.

    My mum had to take me to the hospital
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Talking of energy drinks - guess which one these are the ingredients to (a free can just got dumped on my desk...)

    water
    sugar
    carbon dioxide
    caramel sugar
    plant extracts
    galangal
    vanilla
    mustard seeds
    caffine
    lime
    kola nut
    cocoa
    liquorice
    cinnamon
    lemon
    ginger
    coca leaf
    orange
    mint
    pine
    cardamom
    mace
    clove
    lemon juice

    ...I'm dreading tasting it

    On the subject of energy drinks I love Purdey's - but is that actually an energy drink or more of a vitamin/health klinda thing?
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 Incredible Poster
    What?! Pine, mustard seeds and MACE?

    wtf!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    Talking of energy drinks - guess which one these are the ingredients to (a free can just got dumped on my desk...)

    water
    sugar
    carbon dioxide
    caramel sugar
    plant extracts
    galangal
    vanilla
    mustard seeds
    caffine
    lime
    kola nut
    cocoa
    liquorice
    cinnamon
    lemon
    ginger
    coca leaf
    orange
    mint
    pine
    cardamom
    mace
    clove
    lemon juice

    ...I'm dreading tasting it

    On the subject of energy drinks I love Purdey's - but is that actually an energy drink or more of a vitamin/health klinda thing?

    Red Bull Cola?

    I didn't like it...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah red bull cols, although i dont think its actually an energy drink
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yup, you're right on the nose with red bull cola - since the only thing I've heard so far is 'it's like flat Panda Cola, but worse' I'm not holding out much hope...
Sign In or Register to comment.