Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just wish she would listen!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My husband and I had been living together for almost a year in our own apartment when my sister went into a financial stump and also some legal problems with her husband's legal status in this country. So she came to us and asked us to move in with her while her husband was deported. We were reluctant because we liked our privacy but unfortunately I'm one of those kinds of people who would do anything to help my family. So I suggestively talked my husband into moving into a bigger apartment with her. This was in October. Before we moved in we talked about keeping an open policy about things that bothered us about each other...for example like maybe someone not doing dishes or whatever. We also decided to divide the bills in half because her husband was leaving and she needed help with her bills. She has two kids as well my niece who is 13 :banghead: and my nephew who is nine. First month in...her husband was still here with no income and no perspective of getting a job. We paid half the bills while we were stuck in a basement bedroom which is pretty big but not what we thought it would be. After two months of being fed up of paying too much [we agreed to pay half the bills because we thought her husband was gonna be gone] we finally talked about splitting the bills a little more evenly. But now...the big problems start. I'm 24 years old so obviously I'm not a kid but sometimes I feel like I am so wrong in what i do. My niece likes to back talk to my sister alot. I mean ALOT. And recently everything I say to her or anyone else she has something to back talk to me. And of course it upsets me because I don't have kids so I don't know how to deal with it. I try to ignore it but I feel like maybe I deserve a little respect. So I let my sister know that I don't feel comfortable with my niece back talking me. My sister got upset and shot back at me with "Well she doesn't like you bothering her" I was like..:eek: So I got upset...and over the past month my niece has been doing things to make me mad. Whether it's screaming at the top of her lungs while my husband and I are sleeping, stomping upstairs and back talking. Today she was yelling and making a big fuss and I went upstairs and asked her to keep it down and my sister heard me and she says "the neighbors make more noise than her can you not hear it?" and i just went downstairs and cried. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here..like I shouldn't let her get to me. But I don't know what to do. We want to move out but at this point we're not financially secure enough to do so. We live in Ohio and are moving to Seattle in August. I just want someone to give me some advice on how to deal with her and my sister who just doesn't listen to me when I tell her what's bothering me. It's come to the point where I don't even want to be upstairs with them and i stay in our bedroom all day and all night. It's hurting mine and my husband's relationships cause i'm sure he's fed up with listening to me complain about things...I just don't know what to do.:crying: