Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Any gardeners here?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am growing chillies and tomatoes but have a problem with the tommies. I started them off in cotton wool in the airing cupboard, about a week later they were about 3cm tall which was great, apart from when I tried to pot them!

When I transferred them over to pots the root was deep in the cotton wool and had to apply a little force to get them out, I think I did a good job but a few hours after potting they have all fallen over and look like they are dying, anyone know what I have done wrong?

Comments

• Options
    if you didn't provide them with support they may be dying...

did you water them well? or have you over watered them?

and make sure that they have plant food, toms need lots of food!
  • Options
    Isn't this the wrong time to grow tomatoes anyway? :confused:
  • Options
    indoors its ok, not the best, but by the time it decides to fruit, it will have full sun
  • Options
    I have lights I grow under. As for life of the plant, they were only transferred last night in to compost, they looked liked they were dying within a few hors of planting.
  • Options
    You have wrecked the roots by the sounds of it.
    No need to take paper or wool or cardboard from the roots ...you should have just left that on.
  • Options
    Because this time the seeds have buried themselves in the cotton wool I advise using some bog standard bog roll next time..

Take a couple of pieces put them on a plate, soak them, take another couple of pieces and place them over the top of the last few and seeds then soak again.