Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do i do it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why the fook do i do it to myself???
It's been about three weeks since i broke up with my ex and i'm trying so hard to get over him. I usually do fine when its the middle of the day and i'm going about my business chatting to people etc, but as soon as it gets to the evening, my mind wanders for a moment and i think about him again. I actually just looked at a picture of him and it brought me to floods of tears.
I dont know why i do it tho, i just get the urge to think about him, about things thatve happened and the things we had planned for xmas and new years, and it drives me insane. I just want to be over him, be single, have random flings and maybe get with someone properly in a few months or so, or until i meet the right person.
How can i do that tho if i cant get over him, and to make it worse, i'm inflicting it on myself.
people say it takes some people months to get over somebody but i dont want it to take that long, i want it to be now!! Its so frustrating!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do i do it?

Hi Lexi,

Sorry to hear you're going through a really hard time at the moment, getting over your ex is a horrible time.

Its perfectly normal to feel as you are and you need to give yourself some space and time to feel like this and get over him. Sadly, there's no magic wand or quick fix solution. As boring and annoying and frustrating and downright cliché as it is, time is the only thing which is gonna help. :banghead:

However, you can help yourself in some ways. Perhaps say goodbye to his photos, his stuff that is around the place and upsetting you, get a shoe box or something similar and pack it all away until you feel stronger to deal with it.

It will give you a chance to be in your own space without his reminders everywhere. When you're over him (and you will be - trust me and no doubt those who'll post after me) you can look through it all and decide what to keep as it means something and what you no longer want around.

There are some advice pages on thesite.org which you might like to read through. This one is about mending a broken heart and this one is about accepting its over.

I hope you feel better soon. Just know that you aren't alone, you can post here anytime and trust me, the majority of us have been exactly where you are now and know your pain, but we got through it with time and so will you.

Keep posting and good luck,

Lisa
    :)