Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What Terry taliban is getting for xmas

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i find that neither funny nor amusing...infact that looked like another pathetic attempt at trying to make armed combat look fun and cool....
  • Options
    Thats funny as hell, its good to know some soldiers have a sense of humor still and dont either become Captain Willard or throw puppies off cliffs and laugh about it :yippe:
  • Options
    i find that neither funny nor amusing...infact that looked like another pathetic attempt at trying to make armed combat look fun and cool....

Do soldiers really do stuff like that to make armed combat look fun and cool? No.
  • Options
    no they come up with even more pathetic commercials which seem to glamourise war....
  • Options
    no they come up with even more pathetic commercials which seem to glamourise war....

Im sure i honestly cant remember the last time i saw a commercial advertising the army, that was as genuinely crap along the lines of the current mr muscle ads. Or that which glamourised war.

Though my opinion is now biased, so I would like other peoples opinions on this.
  • Options
    so what about the one when they use the spy plane? or the one which makes that women who's sorting out an evacuation in a hurrican look like some hero?
  • Options
    so what about the one when they use the spy plane? or the one which makes that women who's sorting out an evacuation in a hurrican look like some hero?

Well if you go and see the rest of the films online, it makes a lot more sense. Ie when it says go to our website to see the complete film, it entices with suspense, and then you go and watch it in fullness, and its not so crap.
  • Options
    but it makes it seem like a film trailer, like something glamourous...

anyway, sorry completely off topic, you know i hate guns and bombs and the army, i just hate the gratuitous use of guns (infact the use of guns at all) in that video. Yes i think that its great to see soliders having a laugh, like that it this the way to amarillo video...but not like this...
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Really? I can't say I'd noticed that through the constant references to the anything army/solider/war/senseless violence and loss of life related

Suppose i best get onto wikipedia and start learning about aeroplanes so i can keep up with you then :chin:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

AEROPLANES :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

1286996-C130_Hercules_Transport_Aircraft-Falkland_Islands.jpg
  • Options
    Ooh.:heart:
  • Options
    It's always nice to see that the military have a sense of humour. I wonder how the Taliban would react to seeing a thousand men dressed as Santa Claus with guns shooting them?
  • Options
    People have to remember that the guys on the front line are still people, no matter what horror stories get told.

Charge of the light armoured santa brigade would certainly be interesting.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    no matter what horror stories get told

What about the one where the girl has a dog, hears a noise in the middle of the night, gets a reassuring lick on the hand then wakes up to find the dog stabbed and "Dogs aren't the only things with tongues" written in the wall in the animal's blood?

Cos that put me off people quite a bit. Specifically dog murdering nutters.
  • Options
    What about the one where the girl has a dog, hears a noise in the middle of the night, gets a reassuring lick on the hand then wakes up to find the dog stabbed and "Dogs aren't the only things with tongues" written in the wall in the animal's blood?

Cos that put me off people quite a bit. Specifically dog murdering nutters.

Sounds like the same urban legend I heard when I was about twelve - except it was a nutter from a asylum

ETA - Snopes is your friend http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lighton.asp
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    My plane wins:

Biplane%20Tennis.jpg