Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Online dating

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But I can imagine there are lots of desperate people on the paying ones though. Why pay for a service that you can get elsewhere for free?
  • Options
    But then, why bother full stop?

I can just imagine people making fake profiles or people they know etc as pranks.
  • Options
    But then, why bother full stop?

I can just imagine people making fake profiles or people they know etc as pranks.

I suppose thats true but not all of them are going to be and i reckon you could root out the timewasters fairly quickly. Tbh if i was going to go on one i prob wouldnt pay for it
  • Options
    I've paid for match.com before and really got nowhere and the odd thing is im not even unattractive.

I photograph particularly badly though and have a habit of giving off a 'one night stand' vibe I guess.

Odd thing is I'd never look on there for a one nighter, just pick from the lower end of the IQ pool that would be happy with me buying them a drink.

Its very hit and miss I guess and maybe I need to rework myself and have some proper photo's taken. Not my attempts at half arsed photoing myself whilst trying to look good bodge jobs.
  • Options
    NaRaYaN wrote: »
    have a habit of giving off a 'one night stand' vibe I guess.

What exactly does this mean...?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    What exactly does this mean...?

Just a theory in that I'm selling myself wrongly on the website with my words and probably come across as someone who would go on a date, get my end away and then never call back.

Far from the truth mind....
  • Options
    Maybe you should revise what you're profile says. Read and think hard about what needs keeping and changing.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Maybe you should revise what you're profile says. Read and think hard about what needs keeping and changing.

All of it!

Odd thing is I give presentations all the time but when it comes to selling myself I'm rather pathetic!