Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

white christmas van drivers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can someone explain to me ....as it is giving me a headache:banghead: the reason behind a white van driver thinks he can make my christmas merry by well making me toot him...so ho ho ho to him.
Where I live it is not easy to park and there are yellow lines where they could possibly be taken away. So last night I had to park on double yellows but went to move it earlier on today. As I was driving down my road I noticed a smaller white van right up my backside and then notice a big hohoho van driver what I thought was reversing to the side of the road to park but he wanted to some kind of U turn but in the process I am none the wiser and he decides to reverse almost into the front of my car. I am sure he was not looking in his mirrors.
Why do people not look in mirrors anymore? If he carried on reversing my car would have been a write off so I am saying:-

Are you dreaming of a white christmas all you white van drivers cause I can tell you there will be no winter wonderland for you.

Comments

• Options
    Oh that's so colour prejudice! Black van drivers are no better! ;):p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a white van man.
    Liek me a lot of van drivers work and earn their living on the road, not everybody has time to dither about and get in the way of others. :)

You may call it impaitent driving but I call it no nonsense driving.

People that take forever to maneuver, brake for no reason or before indicating, sit in the middle lane of the motorway whilst overtakign NOTHING, people that arn't sure of their vehicles dimensions, and those that just panic and point blank stop in the road when it becomes a little too complicated for them. These are the bad drivers.

MOVE
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lol....yes you are so right on the white...but for me its the white vans...I do not seem to comes across the black ones yet.

I know that some people are vane and like to look in the mirror but when it comes to reversing and trying to do a U turn at the same time and then continue to reverse almost into the front of my car....wants me to say a little verse:-

Mirror mirror on the wall
    Who is the fairest of them all
    White christmas van drivers that make me almost small
    By thinking that they can stand tall
    MIRROR mirror on the wall
    They are not at all the fairest of them all
    Acting like a fairy
    Is indeed rather scary....
  • Options
    Are they windowless? Thats what the perverts drive :yes: He probably had a child in there, that is why he was driving like that.
  • Options
    Why can't people who drive white vans keep their distance on the roads? On Thursday afternoon, I was doing around 65mph on a national speed limit road, yet this bastard was tailgating me. Did he have a death wish or something? Prat.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Its like when they tailgate you but there are a whole 2 or sometimes 3 other lanes available - if you don't like it then overtake me! Prat isn't the word I'd use, but then you're prolly more lady like that I am ;)
    Oh, I use much stronger language when I spot a piece of stupid driving on the roads, believe me. ;) In fairness however, I judge my own driving by the same harsh standards I apply to everyone else.
  • Options
    I don't really tend to notice bad drivers that much because I don't pay that much attention while I'm driving ;)
    I thought women could concentrate on more than one thing at a time? :p
  • Options
    yeah, changing the radio station and putting lip gloss on! Multitasking seee!
    And what about using some of those resources to actually do some proper driving? :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Why can't people who drive white vans keep their distance on the roads? On Thursday afternoon, I was doing around 65mph on a national speed limit road, yet this bastard was tailgating me. Did he have a death wish or something? Prat.

Serves you right for only doing 65mph. Noob! ;)
  • Options
    lots of drivers tailgate though, depends if you're in a rush or not.

like skive said, if it's your job then you don't want to be dawdling 5-10mph under the speed limit
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    lots of drivers tailgate though, depends if you're in a rush or not.
    Clearly the comment of someone who doesn't drive. :p
  • Options
    I remember coming out of a blind junction and a woman in a 4x4 tried tailgating me - she was doing about 40 towards the junction in a 30 zone - so i just started braking :hyper: the poor girl!

A good way to piss off tailgaters is to just take your foot off the gas and let them go AAAAAAAAAARGH when they realise they are about to hit you.

Just remember that around christmas all deliveries regardless of what they are should have been delivered 3 days ago, so the van drivers are just doing their job the best they can, which means pedal to the metal and Queen playing 24/7.