Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girlfriends texts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone; major head mash for me, need some help please!!

My gf's phone was broke so she sent it off to vodafone to get fixed over last few days. In mean time I let her borrow my old phone so she put her sim in it a-ok.

Tonight she got her repaired phone back and I was there when she started it up. She had to reset date/time etc which was all cool, anyways here's where it gets messy. While doing this to texts came through (one mms and one normal text).

both were from the same unknown number (well +44whatever). the mms was a pic of some lad - neither of us recognize - and it said something like "this is me x"

then the sms said "hey. what did you think of my pic x"

Both came through simultaneously as she started phone now she deleted them after we looked at them once and *biased* i think some what conveniently before i could get the number or ask her to text asking who it was, saying as she denied knowing the person.

BUT both messages said they were sent June 08 (we've been together 3 years) but it seemed like that thing reset phones do with texts. But she had JUST set the accurate date/time and the texts came through in front of us, so it was weird.

I want to believe her that she doesn't know who it is and didn't ask for the pic, but I think it's very odd. I mean two texts indicates not just wrong number.

as i say i was there when both came through so no foulplay in that respect.

I don't know what to do. I mean I feel man not trusting her but it seems way too suspicious for my liking. What should I do; atm I still dunno if I want to be with her without knowing it was all just a coincidenc? HELP please my head is spinning with it all...

Peace,

Math

Comments

• Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    Innocent till proven guilty. Meh, ive had things like that come through on my phone, companies get your phone. Probably not a real person.

Just trust her, and try not to worry :)

looked pretty real but thanks for that mate. I was really upset at first so need to appologise. It just was so unexpected.
  • Options
    Having been mugged off a few times in the past im very sceptical as to the integrity of any woman. I'd keep an eye our for any further 'slip ups' if i were you.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Having been mugged off a few times in the past im very sceptical as to the integrity of any woman. I'd keep an eye our for any further 'slip ups' if i were you.

Innit. I'd watch her like a fucking hawk mate, sounds very dodgy to me.
  • Options
    I would not make much of it at the moment but if it does happen again then maybe you can question her. Sometimes it is easy to send the wrong text to the wrong person. I had that done to me a couple of times with a text and a picture sent me and I did not know who it was so just deleted it.
    If you are still unsure just ask her again and see what she says...I am sure it means nothing at all. I even got someone elses pictures in with mine once from being printed so mistakes do happen. I can even dial the wrong number.

Unsure just ask.
  • Options

j'agree

she's hardly going to come out and tell you the truth if there is something more sinister going on, is she?

But for the time being just keep a keen eye out. It's really easy to go into denial about it (speaking from experience) and justify everything away and accept shitty excuses.
  • Options
    Ever thought it could be a wrong number?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Ever thought it could be a wrong number?

yeah but then the second text seemed odd.

thought it was a follow up "did you like my pic" so I guess cos he didn't get a response (probably cos it was sent to wrong person without him realizing) he felt need to chase it up.

Also the date of the texts was well weird cos it said they were new messages.

I guess I'll let it go but be careful. Thanks guys. That's what I like about here. you always get a wide range of advice and it helps you get a hold on things. :)
  • Options
    Messages in the system would not hang around from July 08, regardless of what date and time the phone was set for. Its likely this guy has been chatting on some dating website and some woman or something (possibly even in real life) has either given him a wrong number by accident/deliberately, or the guy just cant type properly.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Its likely this guy has been chatting on some dating website and some woman or something (possibly even in real life) has either given him a wrong number by accident/deliberately, or the guy just cant type properly.

This is what I thought too...
  • Options
    I once had an anonymous text which read "Blacksaabless at AOL dot com" about 3 years ago. I didn't know the incoming phone number nor the email address. A Google search returned just one profile page on a social networking site, which was blank/unconfigured.

So yeah, it can happen. You might want to question why a dodgy text has stayed undeleted for 6 months though. That raises alarm bells.
  • Options
    Its likely that if it showed up new, then it was sent while the phone was being repaired and that the old date was due to it starting to be receievd before she set the time properly.
  • Options
    Thats exactly what i was thinking.
  • Options

Seriously??

I don't think it seems dodgy at all. I'm just putting myself in your (OP) position, if my boyfriend got those texts off a girl I would assume it was a wrong number straight away.

Don't go around being suspicious all the time, it'll wreck your relationship in the end. You either believe her or you don't.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Meh, it could easily be something as simple as someone typing in the wrong number. I know that I have typed in wrong numbers before and hubby got a really strange text the other day from someone he didn't know.

I would be inclined to believe her and forget about it.
  • Options
    Meh, it could easily be something as simple as someone typing in the wrong number. I know that I have typed in wrong numbers before and hubby got a really strange text the other day from someone he didn't know.

I would be inclined to believe her and forget about it.

Yeah, that happened to me recently actually.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Wrong numbers do happen... A couple of years ago I got the strangest message ever from a number I didn't know.
  • Options
    I got one once about how women will go through any amount of pain to look beautiful eg waxes etc and yet will complain about childbirth.
    It was written in a very crude manner and I have no idea who sent it to me. Oh well!
  • Options

Wow. Damaged goods, much?
  • Options
    I feel I should qualify my comments in this thread.

I was in a relationship with the love of my life, everything was as far as I could tell perfect. Then one day, she slipped, she was sitting next to me and texting a guy and lied about the guys name. But I could see from the text who it was.

I asked her about it, she apologised, I let it go. Then more and more of these 'slips' happened and everytime she would explain it away and because I loved her, I believed it.

Eventually things came to a head when I had to break up with her, because even though I loved her, she told me she wanted to be with someone else, but did not have the guts to break up with me. It was a final insult - she could not even bring herself to the shame of leaving me because it was too difficult for her.

Since then, it has inevitably made me more suspicious of anyone I might enter a relationship with, which is why I have said several times I am happy for the time being single. -I do not want to be hurt like that again-

Maybe then my advice is biased but I give it on good intentions - from my experience it is very easy to allow your heart to accept excuses out of love, and it can escalate to almost emotional abuse from a serial liar (male or female), where the evidence will mount and mount and they will just explain it away and then you begin questioning what the hell is wrong with you when you keep seeing these signs which must not be there because she (or he) says its all in your mind...

I just don't want anyone else to go through that.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I feel I should qualify my comments in this thread.

I was in a relationship with the love of my life, everything was as far as I could tell perfect. Then one day, she slipped, she was sitting next to me and texting a guy and lied about the guys name. But I could see from the text who it was.

I asked her about it, she apologised, I let it go. Then more and more of these 'slips' happened and everytime she would explain it away and because I loved her, I believed it.

Eventually things came to a head when I had to break up with her, because even though I loved her, she told me she wanted to be with someone else, but did not have the guts to break up with me. It was a final insult - she could not even bring herself to the shame of leaving me because it was too difficult for her.

Since then, it has inevitably made me more suspicious of anyone I might enter a relationship with, which is why I have said several times I am happy for the time being single. -I do not want to be hurt like that again-

Maybe then my advice is biased but I give it on good intentions - from my experience it is very easy to allow your heart to accept excuses out of love, and it can escalate to almost emotional abuse from a serial liar (male or female), where the evidence will mount and mount and they will just explain it away and then you begin questioning what the hell is wrong with you when you keep seeing these signs which must not be there because she (or he) says its all in your mind...

I just don't want anyone else to go through that.

That's the thing...it could very easily be something like this, but it could also very easily be a mistake. That's why I think it's best for the OP just to remain vigilant!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    That's the thing...it could very easily be something like this, but it could also very easily be a mistake. That's why I think it's best for the OP just to remain vigilant!

Yea :) I agree really... this is what I said earlier:
    But for the time being just keep a keen eye out. It's really easy to go into denial about it (speaking from experience) and justify everything away and accept shitty excuses.

I just felt it was important to clarify what I was saying though :thumb:
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Yea :) I agree really... this is what I said earlier:

I just felt it was important to clarify what I was saying though :thumb:

=] Okies pal!
  • Options
    Hey Cascara,

This is a tough situation, yet it seems important to spot other signs that may show you that there is some unfaithfulness going on..."spot a cheat" will help you observe what changes might be going on, until then try not to stress yourself too much about it.

Good luck!