Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is it acceptable to ask women out via text?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it acceptable to ask women out via text?

Yes, I'm a coward but that's not really my slant on this lol

Same girl I mentioned previously; never seem to have the opportunity to say anything to her in a situation that would be suitable for such a potentially embarrassing question. I don't want to make it so that if I did say something and someone overhears then I'll/she'll/we'll be the talk of the staffroom as that would be difficult...

I do have her number, have texted her before - got her facebook too etc. but I just thought that maybe (not great at this, just came out of a 12months+ relationship) it would be ok to ask her if she would be interested in the idea of going out for meal or cinema etc?

Would you find it offputting, a turn off, laughable?

Input very much appreciated...oh, and I'm a 29 year old man which kind of puts a better context on it all...thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Not a problem imo. I've asked girls out by text before. I think most people ask people out by text nowadays. It makes it more painful though, especially if they don't reply right away.
  • Options
    I think it's a wee bit cowardly, yes.
    But it removes any potential pain or awkwardness for both of you.
    Just do it! Much luck!
  • Options
    In my book, absolutely not.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind being asked out by text.

Well I wouldn't mind being asked out by carrier pigeon right now I'm that single.
  • Options
    It's a bit of a cop out imho. What's wrong with just ringing her? At least then you'll get an answer straight away, plus you can have a chat as well.