Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being Bi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Long story short, I'm bi, and I've just come out to a couple of friends... They don't judge and most of the time I'm secure about my sexuality. There are other times, however, when I feel like a total freak, and other people's homophobic jibes just really get me down, even though they're pretty stupid.

I also think that a lot of people have guessed that I'm not straight, as I write about gay rights a lot, and gender and sexuality. Mostly, I write for my school paper and youth mags and things, but recently I did an essay on homosexuality and communism for a class, and my next topic is cross-dressing in popular culture. Soon after my first project, my teachers initiated this whole debate about homsexuality among other topics, and it came out that a whole bunch of my classmates (who I thought were pretty open-minded) are horribly homophobic, as well as some teachers. And now, I feel really weird and targeted, especially by some teachers. They give me weird looks, and when I ask them about research, they tend to ask me why I'm interested in such topics... in a kind of suspicious way.

I'm probably being paranoid about all this, but how do I get over feeling insecure?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally i would just tell them that it interests you. Don't see what its got to do with them anyway.
    You are who you are and thats that. Who you fancy shouldn't come into it.