Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Life story work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure exactly where this should go...

basically, due to stuff that was out of my control when i was younger, i have blocked out a lot of my childhood memories, and thus can't remember much between the ages of 9 and 14. I was told my lots of therapists and social workers that they would do life story work with me. As far as i know, this involves making a book that contains pictures, and any memories, and trying to piece all the bits together...but thats all i i know...

Has anyone done anything like this, did you benefit from it, and how did you do it?

thanks...

Comments

• Options
    You know, now that I think about it, I can't remember much at all from my childhood. I have a habit of only clinging on to horrible memories.
    It sounds like an interesting project..but it's something that personally I wouldn't do. I think it's easier not remembering.
  • Options
    Know someone who did this. Had mixed effects as although in the long run it made them better, for about six months it opened a fuck off big can of emotional worms that led to her being bloody mental to be around.
  • Options
    I done a lot of this when I was younger, It's al still there if I ever want to see it but wouldn't want to drag up the past I'm thriving on the present and future as it is