Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling Depressed And Alone In The Whole World!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Finished uni a few months ago, everyone seems to have disappeared! I work a crap job which I am quitting tomorrow as I'm fed up of feeling so down! I feel like I've aged 20 years! I feel like a piece of scum, I feel under recognised. I ahvn't felt this down since my teens. Is this normal after uni etc?

Comments

• Options
    You're not alone-it's just a mad time. It's totally normal! Get out there and start living and fighting- you'll be alright-you've made it!! xx
  • Options
    It's how I feel every day :p

Nah it's just a phase you're going through. It'll change, you'll find some direction and things will improve...may not be an overnight thing but slowly and surely you'll find yourself fitting in to the world again....for while at least, then some evil bitch whom you thought you loved will rip out your heart and dump you, you'll quickly find yourself not fitting in with the world again.

Try to enjoy the good times and just remember the bad time wont last.
  • Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat, I left uni a few months ago and feel completely miserable too. I can't get a full time job anywhere. It doesn't help that I feel like I've made a massive backward step-I wanted to stay in my university city, there were jobs, good transport links, friends and stuff to do. I put money down to rent a house with my friends but my parents wouldn't sign the guarantor letter, in case they were left footing the bill if I failed to find a job.

Anyway they made me come and live back at home which is in the middle of nowhere, with poor transport links to the nearest town, I have no independence, no friends here-they've left because of the lack of prospects and moved in with partners (I haven't spoken face to face with someone, who's not a relative for months now) and there are no jobs going.

I know it's partly the state of the economy etc but I kind of resent my parents for making the decision for me and feel I would have had a better chance (and life) if I had been able to stay where I was. As it is I feel like I'm wasting what are supposed to be the best years of my life and regret the effort I made at school and university-if I'd know that I'd struggle to find work I would probably have had far more fun at school. It all seems like a big waste of time now. It doesn't help that I don't have the faintest idea what career I would like and what I want out of life.

Oops Sorry for my own personal rant there.

From the perspective of someone who has left university but is unemployed I'd say keep your job at least until you've found another one to go to, at least you're meeting other people, earning money and gaining experience and you won't have lengthy gaps on your CV! Good Luck!
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    It's how I feel every day :p

Nah it's just a phase you're going through. It'll change, you'll find some direction and things will improve...may not be an overnight thing but slowly and surely you'll find yourself fitting in to the world again....for while at least, then some evil bitch whom you thought you loved will rip out your heart and dump you, you'll quickly find yourself not fitting in with the world again.

Try to enjoy the good times and just remember the bad time wont last.

That's haw it's been for me lately, I must say. I guess I can take some comfort in that things probably will change for the better one day.