Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to get past that first stage (texting)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

Not very often i post here anymore but could use some advice..
Now im alright at getting girls numbers on nights out, can normally get one or two per night without even really trying, im rubbish at going past that stage though and here's where i could use that help.

The first text the next day I'm ok with, just your average, "hi, you met me last night, how're you? did you have a good night? x" text - normally get a response along the lines of "Hey, yea it was really good how was your night? x"

.......Then i have absolutely no idea what to send back! and this is where i balls it up by either coming on too strong or being too friendly that it just dwindles into nothing.

A girl i met last night though seemed really nice (and she was effing hawt as well :D) so i dont want to screw this one up this time. What can i send in that second text?

Comments

• Options
    it was great i had an excellent time - how is your day going?

Always end with a question that way she as to reply and you can keep the conversation going.
  • Options
    yeah i know the question thing to keep things going, its just knowing what questions to ask, as generally the person replying will just answer my q then pretty much just ask the same thing. eg. if i sent your question i would probably get a reply of something like 'going well thanks im doing this and this today so should be fun, how about you?'
  • Options
    Well I'm presuming the main objective here is to try and arrange to meet up with her again, so how about casually turning to conversation around to weekend plans...say something like "yeah not bad, looking forward to Friday coming round tho, you off out this weekend?" Then hopefully she'll say something like "yep planning to do this and this, how about you?" and you can then say something along the lines of oh what a coincidence, that's where we were thinking of going too, might see you there - or ask directly if she (and her mates if you like, to take the pressure off) fancy catching up with you and your mates for a drink or something while you're all out. If she says she's not too sure what's she's doing at the weekend, maybe you could say "well we're thinking of going to such and such a place, fancy it?" or something like that.

Not sure if that helps or not but if I was on the receiving end of texts like that from a bloke I'd given my number to then I don't think I'd take that as them coming on too strong :)
  • Options
    You and your analytical WAYS! :razz:

Just get to know her a bit more via texts and slip in casually if she's repeating the performance of last night at the weekend. And if she is, try to arrange to meet up for a quick drink in the midst of it, get a natter then get summat sorted there and then.

Job done!
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Well I'm presuming the main objective here is to try and arrange to meet up with her again, so how about casually turning to conversation around to weekend plans...say something like "yeah not bad, looking forward to Friday coming round tho, you off out this weekend?" Then hopefully she'll say something like "yep planning to do this and this, how about you?" and you can then say something along the lines of oh what a coincidence, that's where we were thinking of going too, might see you there - or ask directly if she (and her mates if you like, to take the pressure off) fancy catching up with you and your mates for a drink or something while you're all out. If she says she's not too sure what's she's doing at the weekend, maybe you could say "well we're thinking of going to such and such a place, fancy it?" or something like that.

Not sure if that helps or not but if I was on the receiving end of texts like that from a bloke I'd given my number to then I don't think I'd take that as them coming on too strong :)

Same hymn sheet! :thumb:
  • Options
    well in my day we did not have mobiles to date with....shows my age haha.

I suppose keep the conversation going by asking the normal type of things. Ask if you can speak to her? Did she show any interest in you from the first text?
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Same hymn sheet! :thumb:

Haha, yeah - you just put it a lot better than me!
  • Options
    Icey, what do you talk about when you meet a new girl in a club? I am sure you find things to talk about. Text's are the same. Just treat texts as short, to-the-point conversation.
  • Options
    Awwww I LOVE that guys worry about these things too haha!

Good luck with it :)