Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The secret of relationship mastery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well the times I succeeded in getting the girl I wanted vis a vis the times I was humiliated depressed and utterly rejected... have one thing in common. I never understood WHY they did any of the things they did. Whether good or bad. It proves troublesome later, like with the girl who was always there, and now I've been trying to get her to be there again and since I don't have a clue why she was there the first time, I'm not really managing to figure out how to get her here this time.

Anyway. That's the secret. There IS NO MASTERY. You are at the mercy of these beings. The female of the species is definitely more deadly than the male.

:shocking:

Comments

• Options
    Stan221 wrote: »
    It proves troublesome later, like with the girl who was always there, and now I've been trying to get her to be there again and since I don't have a clue why she was there the first time, I'm not really managing to figure out how to get her here this time.

Eh? :confused:
  • Options
    I'm so confused.
  • Options
    I don't get it either.
  • Options
    girls are bad mkay.
  • Options
    The trick is to not care!!! ;)

Seek Not and Ye Shall Find the furry letterbox
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Eh? :confused:

I suppose I am cursed with a more concrete grasp of both logical and abstract thinking for most people's good.

It's pretty simple...

Girl X - used to go out with me... at the time, it just happened, I didn't really know what I did right.

NOW

Girl X - is really appealing to me and I want to get back together with her, but since I don't know what I did right that time in the past to make her mine, I don't know what to do now that will work

(so i'm just trying everything, but mostly trying to make her laugh and I think it's working, so that's good)

Sorry to confuse you. Well done for being a timelord's assistant, though.
  • Options
    Did you start the weird talk before you met her, just before you broke up with her or just after?

In general women are nuts to the mind of a man, try not to work it out, be yourself and one day you will get her!

And then in some cases she decides it was all a big mistake and decides that she does not love you and just wants a fuck buddy till it does not work out with the other guy she had her eyes on and then gets together with you again.
  • Options
    I suppose I am cursed with a more concrete grasp of both logical and abstract thinking for most people's good.

Mmmm .. okay.
  • Options
    There's no need to be insulting.

As it happens, she's like me, people call her weird just like they call me weird. We're made for each other. We had a lot of good times together. And I've always been myself

Sometimes idiots call me weird, but I stick to being myself despite it, and I've come far.

However, I was genuinely looking for some insight and I'm not really very happy about simply being insulted!

Thanks for nothing. I think I'll go and talk about something unweird, eh? Like football or crass television or totally rubbish music - whatever it is that made you lot so rude!
  • Options
    Whats wrong with being weird?

If you and Girl X are weird than thats a good thing! You know what you need to do!

General advice would be if you want advice from a message board then dont be so ridiculously over sensitive about peoples assumptions/opinions of you. Generally people are 'helped' with constructive critisism and realistic questions about themselves or their prospective partners.

anyhoo, cheerio!
  • Options
    There's no need to be insulting.

As it happens, she's like me, people call her weird just like they call me weird. We're made for each other. We had a lot of good times together. And I've always been myself

Sometimes idiots call me weird, but I stick to being myself despite it, and I've come far.

However, I was genuinely looking for some insight and I'm not really very happy about simply being insulted!

Thanks for nothing. I think I'll go and talk about something unweird, eh? Like football or crass television or totally rubbish music - whatever it is that made you lot so rude!

Whatever .... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hey - everybody is wierd. Wierd just means different. And different is good otherwise the world would be boring.

OK maybe I'm not initially going to be attracted to a woman who wears her pants on her head (depends whether they're washed or not - giggedy) but that doesn't mean someone else won't.

As for me..I prefer a woman who is a little off-centre anyway. I hate convention. Fashion says women have to be stick-insects to be beautiful - yeah well bollocks to that. Give me CURVES dammit. Giggedy.

Anyway back to the OP. Chiiiiiiill man, no need to get too deep (giggedy) with all this. Just enjoy women and don't waste your time working them out. Leave them be a little....erm.....unpredictable. Makes life more fun. Remember, every hole's a goal and never get their name wrong, specially as you get to the vinegar strokes ;)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Hey, I think the issue here is that it's actually quite difficult to work out the specifics of your situation - and your views do come across as quite sexist - but that might be tongue in cheek? :chin:

However, imo, the best way to work out how a girl feels about a situation is to talk to her about it rather than second guess. Do you hang out as friends at the moment?
  • Options

I think to be honest it was less our concrete grasps on situations and more to do with the abstracted wording in the post.

I'd probably spend some time thinking on why the relationship went wrong and working on how to get round that problem.