Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've come to the conclusion that I have issues. I hate sex..okay well not hate but strongly dislike sex. I just can't do it, If I never had it again I actually don't think I would be bothered!

I never used to be like this it's just over the past 3 years. I hav a bf who I've been with for 2 years and we don't have sex alot, it's probably once or twice a month. It's all down to me not wanting it and he knows how I feel. He says he's okay with it but I mean obvisoulsy he can't be.

I think part of it is down to my insecurities and the rest is my sex drive just taking a drastic nose dive! What can I do to get things back?

I do feel selfish because I know it's all down to me that we don't have sex and I can imagine that he is slightly frustrated and he hasn't done anything wrong at all.

All my friends go on about how much they love sex and that they do it x amount of times a week and I just feel like the right weirdo who never wants it :blush:

Anyone else feel like this? What can I do to increase my sex drive or get it back?!
I need to sort it out before it ruins my relationship I think :crying:

Comments

• Options

Thanks for that :)

I just feel silly as I'm only 21 and I shouldn't be like this :no:
  • Options
    Surely it's just a matter of preference? I mean, like how some people don't even like chocolate and there is NO WAY I could live without it.

Do you and your bf do other things though? Ie, cuddling, heavy petting?
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    Surely it's just a matter of preference? I mean, like how some people don't even like chocolate and there is NO WAY I could live without it.

Do you and your bf do other things though? Ie, cuddling, heavy petting?

No, not really.

Anything sexual and I clam up and don't want anything to do with it.
    I'm not really romantic either so dont do alot of hugging and that :blush:
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    No, not really.

Anything sexual and I clam up and don't want anything to do with it.
    I'm not really romantic either so dont do alot of hugging and that :blush:

Is it just cause you don't enjoy it, or do you think there are other reasons?
    Why not try talking to your bf about ways that you can make it more comfortable or enjoyable for you, if you really want to try?

Your boyfriend sounds pretty ace though. He obviously means it when he says it doesn't matter since you've been together so long!
  • Options
    We have talked about it alot and he doesn't pressure me and he says he's fine with it and even said he didn't care if we never had sex again as long as we're together (he is a soppy bugger!).

I really don't know what it is, I know the pill can affect your sex drive but I've been on that for about 5 years now so I don't see it would suddenly make me change in the past 2/3 years.
  • Options
    We have talked about it alot and he doesn't pressure me and he says he's fine with it and even said he didn't care if we never had sex again as long as we're together (he is a soppy bugger!).

I really don't know what it is, I know the pill can affect your sex drive but I've been on that for about 5 years now so I don't see it would suddenly make me change in the past 2/3 years.

Awww...I'm glad you're with a soppy bugger =]

Hmm, maybe it's something you can bring up with your doctor then? Were you into sex and stuff before hand or have you always not really liked it?
  • Options
    I did when I was about 17, 18 and 19. I used to actually like having sex!

But I honestly can't think of anything to make such a change :chin:

I'll try and go to the Dr's see what they say.

Maybe change my contraception see if that helps any!
  • Options
    I did when I was about 17, 18 and 19. I used to actually like having sex!

But I honestly can't think of anything to make such a change :chin:

I'll try and go to the Dr's see what they say.

Maybe change my contraception see if that helps any!

Yeah, cause it might be a hormonal thing or something totally not to do with your contraception. Even if it's not, they might have some kind of exciting medical things you can do to revitalise your sex life! Do you want to have it back?
  • Options
    I actually don't know I know that it's not healthy and that it could ruin things with me and my bf or if I am with anybody in the future and I guess I would like to sort it out. I guess I would be doing it for my bf and not for me
  • Options
    I actually don't know I know that it's not healthy and that it could ruin things with me and my bf or if I am with anybody in the future and I guess I would like to sort it out. I guess I would be doing it for my bf and not for me

That's really good of you to think of your boyfriend, but you know he doesn't mind and you know that you don't mind.
    I guess even if you sort it out it doesn't mean that you have to have sex all the time.
  • Options
    feeel for ya. Hope you get it sorted.
  • Options
    patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there - you might like to take a look at Net Doctor's content on the subject of low libido and sex drives. There's also quite a long and detailed factsheet around the issue of hormones and sexual desire.

It sounds like you're really switched on to your partner and really caring. It's also clear that you know where you want to get to. These are both really important things in building your life together. Wish you all the best.