Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Putting a duvet cover on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh my god, I hate this nearly as much as ironing :banghead:

Come on, somebody must have some hassle free tips of how to do this. Women seem to be so much better at this than men :D

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Turn the cover inside out. Reach through the cover to the corners and grap the corners of the duvet. Corner to corner witht he cover inside out and pull the ducet through.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lol!

Yeah I hate it as well. No tips from me. :p
  • Options
    Last one a bit 'stained' ? :)

I do what Skive does, good shake and Robert's your mothers' brother.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Last one a bit 'stained' ? :)

;)

I've tried doing what Skive said, but it just goes on inside out. Maybe I shouldn't do this when pissed :chin:

Fuck it, I'm just going to sleep without it on, what difference does it make. :confused:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    We need to come up with an invention. Youd get at least 100 grand on dragons den fof that shit,l
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Just use the duvet! I didn't know people actually used covers. Never even seen one in a store before! All story book stuff :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its almost impossible, it takes me a good few hours to do it!
  • Options
    Takes about 5 minutes! I lay the duvet on the bed and then get the cover and I kind of squeeze it all up so I'm holding the top and bottom left corners in one hand and the top and bottom right corners in one hand and then just grab the corners on the duvet through it and pull it down. Hold on to the top corners of both and shake it down, give it a bit of a tug if it needs it and then do it up.
  • Options
    james it takes you hours cos you washed it at 90 degrees and now it doesn't fit (and you vanished your pillowcases in the process!)
  • Options
    *puts on that football score voice you get results in on a saturday afternoon.

'And onto the London Bed Linnen League.
    Duvet 1 - Cal Didn't'

:)
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Turn the cover inside out. Reach through the cover to the corners and grap the corners of the duvet. Corner to corner witht he cover inside out and pull the ducet through.

Inside out really confuses me. I put the top two corners in first, get my lovely assistant to hold the corners, then I get the other corners and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!

it is rrrubish though, especially when you realise it needs changing just before bed
  • Options
    Just use the duvet! I didn't know people actually used covers. Never even seen one in a store before! All story book stuff :p

whaaaaaat?? :shocking:
  • Options
    I do the same as rachie and KHSS, and abbie i think in America they have adult equivilants of baby's "bed in a bag" with a matching duvet thing in.
  • Options
    those americans are crazy!!
  • Options
    My bro can do it, he's told me how to do it but it never works for me haha.
  • Options
  • Options
    I learnt how to do it from Anthea Turner when she was on Celebrity Big Brother a few years back. It's all about turning it inside out then doing a bit of magiqué!
  • Options
    The inside out way takes longer, no? Or at least a great deal more shaking.

I just feed the corner of the duvet up inside until it's in the top corner of the cover, do the same on the other side, then grab both corners and shake. Takes a minute, max. Quicker if you have help! The bit that takes me ages is doing all the sodding buttons at the bottom.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

Nah. I switched to the inside-out method a while back and reckon it's way quicker. The time you lose turning the cover inside-out is gained back because you don't have to stuff the duvet into the corners, you can just grab hold and pull down.
    I just feed the corner of the duvet up inside until it's in the top corner of the cover, do the same on the other side, then grab both corners and shake. Takes a minute, max. Quicker if you have help! The bit that takes me ages is doing all the sodding buttons at the bottom.

Blasted buttons.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    The time you lose turning the cover inside-out is gained back because you don't have to stuff the duvet into the corners, you can just grab hold and pull down.

Yeah, but you also lose time trying to find the corners from the inside!

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I tried it a couple of times and just seemed twice as faffy and twice as long.
  • Options
    lol i was just thinking the same thing, i like my way so im sticking to it! A superking bed takes me 5-10mins to do, same with the emperor sized one...so im not overly fussed
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

that's what i do. but i use a hair band on each of the corners so i dont get mixed up...but then i forget that i used a hair band on it and find it still stuck on the corner of my duvet a week later.
  • Options
    I crumple the cover, just how I pull socks onto my feet. When your toes meet the end of the sock, you can then pull it up your ankle. My duvet works on an anlogy of that. Once the nearest 2 corners are met, hold them high and let the rest of the cover fall down the sides of the duvet. That goes for single and double duvets.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    james it takes you hours cos you washed it at 90 degrees and now it doesn't fit (and you vanished your pillowcases in the process!)
    Hahaha, I've bought new bedding since then :p:p
  • Options
    I have trouble with it.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    lol i was just thinking the same thing, i like my way so im sticking to it! A superking bed takes me 5-10mins to do, same with the emperor sized one...so im not overly fussed

Flippin eck, there's actually an EMPEROR-sized bed? :eek:
  • Options
    Get one that opens in the middle, not the end, much easier.
  • Options
    Get one that opens in the middle, not the end, much easier.

You can get duvet covers that open in the middle?! Never seen ones like that before
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    You can get duvet covers that open in the middle?! Never seen ones like that before

My main one does. Quite hard to find but there are ones about.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Flippin eck, there's actually an EMPEROR-sized bed? :eek:
    yep 200cm x 200cm, our other bed is that size but for some reason i prefer my superking