Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i have been married for a few months now and we have not had sex yet. she keeps promising me that we will have sex and then when it comes time she comes up with some excuse like she has a headache or something. i can understand if she did have a headache but its clearly excuses because if she did want to we would have had sex by now. We havent even tried to have sex which is the most frustrating part. i just dont know what to do anymore. any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations on your marriage. Sorry to hear that sex is now becoming frustrating. Have you talked to her about sex? There might be a reason that she says she has a headache. Dont worry just relax and I am sure that if you both talk about it this might help. I got married recently too.
    Talk about your sex in your relationship and hope it will help.
  • Options
    Also there are sections you can read in the sex and relationship section too if that will help you?
  • Options
    Been married for months and not had sex since! Sounds seriously dodgy to me. Sorry to say, but you have asked, I think she may be regretting getting married. If its not that she must be very upset about something to not have sex with her new husband.

Crisis talks are what I would suggest or its gonna be a short marriage.
  • Options
    annulment?
  • Options
    Btw, orgasms are the best cures for headaches.
  • Options
    Been married for months and had no sex at all, did you have sex before marriage at all ? Do you come from different cultural backgrounds. Sexual relationships are very much linked with preferences, past experiences and culture of both individuals. Is there any more information you want to share with us? May be we are able offer you more informed help.
  • Options
    annulment?

If she won't take it in the front then there's NO WAY she'd try that.
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options

haha!

Reminds me of arrested development when Tobias becomes an a analysing therapist... or anal-rapist :D

I have to agree with Joanna, sounds a bit dodgy to me. I'd have a sit down with her and talk about things.
  • Options
    So have we had an update on this - what happened???????
  • Options
    studentx wrote: »
    so i have been married for a few months now and we have not had sex yet. she keeps promising me that we will have sex and then when it comes time she comes up with some excuse like she has a headache or something. i can understand if she did have a headache but its clearly excuses because if she did want to we would have had sex by now. We havent even tried to have sex which is the most frustrating part. i just dont know what to do anymore. any advice would be appreciated.

Your wife obviously has some serious issue that needs to be adressed. Could be any number of things, being insecure with her own body or lack of sexual experience. Maybe she had some sexual trauma in her past or some bad experience. There may be other physical or emotional reasons. There are many reasons why she may be behaving in this way.

One thing is for sure is you need to get to the bottom of the problem, approach her in a gentle and loving way, don't put pressure on her, but just ask why she is so reluctant to have that part of a normal husband wife relationship. Offer to go to counselling if she would be more comfortable with that.

Good luck, you need to help her get through what ever it is.