Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is A Full Refund Possible ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A week ago I bought myself a new mobile phone. It's a touch screen phone and was bought as a PAYG upgrade [o2]. I've tried on 3 different occasions now to become used to the interface but I just can't use it.

I am having difficulty using the touch screen because my thumbs are so big and the on screen buttons so small. [The main problem is the texting, that the on screen buttons are just too small for me to use].

As I had decided it wasn't the phone for me I had actually taken it back about 2 day's after I bought it and explainied that it isn't suitable but as I expected was told as it was an upgrade I could not get a refund, I could however exchange it. The problem with that however is Carphonewarehouse who I bought it from are charging way more than I want to pay for any of the other handsets I would want to exchange it for.

It is seriously limiting my options because ideally I'd take the money and look elsewhere but on top of that CPW don't really have wide choice of other decent handsets for me to choose from.

So the question really is, is there any way at all that I could get a full refund ? Or am I stuck having to choose between either keeping what I've got or paying a hell of a lot more to get a different handset?

[I'm still within the 14 day exchange period and they have no issue with me exchanging, I'd just rather take my money and either save a bit buying elsewhere or waiting until they come down in price which inevitebly they will]

Thanks

eta: having just re-read the back of the receipt it actually states that they will offer an exchange when returning a phone other than one bought by yourself as part of an upgrade - yet in store they said it was ok to do so. hm confusing

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to bump but I could use some advice ASAP :)
  • Options
    14 day returns policy :D

I returned my last phone to o2 at christmas time then they sent me a new one
  • Options
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    14 day returns policy :D

I returned my last phone to o2 at christmas time then they sent me a new one

The carphone warehouse policy is 14 day exchange, not refund.

You wouldn't have any absolute right to a refund, unless you ordered in online less than 7 days ago.