Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Qualities in people that stand out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What about people brings you out? makes someone a trusted family member, a perfect lover or you get involved in the person as a social contact and for company. What do you look for and what do you think people see in you?

Comments

• Options
    At work, persons that show "drive" in what they're doing. A person who takes initiative and has his/her own opinions and suggestions, especially for what to do next. A person who can take leadership when there's no formal leader.
    Hope that's what people think of me ;)

Socially, it would be a person that finds interests in having discussions in topics that's not necessarily about what he/she does for a living/hobby. A funny person and someone you can talk to regarding more personal issues.
  • Options
    In people for work or socially to be good, honest, trustworthy, a friend someone who does not judge you.
  • Options
    Humor. Humor that appeals to me, though. If you can make me laugh you're in ;) It makes everybody so much better. Unfortunatly I can say that people don't find that in me, maybe thats why I like it so much.
  • Options
    To quote a film I can't remeber off the top of my head.

Talking to people who listen to what I say, rather than waiting for their turn to talk!
  • Options
    From time to time one friend of mine let's me know that he appreciates our friendship. He loves my opinion about many things. this does not mean we are always in agreement and he just gets to hear what he wants to hear, quite the contrary. I think it's quite good how much we influence each other by seeing each others point of views.
    [edit]
    z0ma wrote: »
    To quote a film I can't remeber off the top of my head.

Talking to people who listen to what I say, rather than waiting for their turn to talk!
    That's a good one and really applies to said friend.
    [/edit]

The next one might sound stupid. But I lost a lot looooot of money recently (-> financial crisis + stock market = oh the humanity!) and he pays a lot when we go out. I don't ask him for and I usually pay for him as long as my "allowance" suffices (what I allow myself to spend on weekends, usually not more than 20euro), but then he usually keeps paying, even tho I said he shouldn't but he says it's ok. We always look out for each other and he means you always become even in life (must be some karma thing).

Latter friend risked quite a few punches to defend me. there was this dipshit who insulted my friend and I stepped up for him. Being quite a sharp tongue it was about to escalate when my friend stepped between us and wouldn't let him touch me. He isn't some kind of goon either, so it takes some to do that I reckon.

With girls it's usually the ones that give me attention. Sad, I know. Explains my ineptitude with the gals. When we are casual they love my humor and like to come over for a few minutes of banter in Uni at breaks or in the morning before lecture starts. But my girl-social-crippled inner me loses that natural things when we are getting on better terms and I become more inquisitive and tend to be a bit pissed very easy (for example if they tell me they hooked up on weekend when I haven't, or tell me about their bfs) and this makes them back off a bit...
  • Options
    A GSOH! Hah.
  • Options
    I can't think of many good qualities I have, but I've been told I'm very approachable and people say I'm funny.

Socially, I am drawn towards people who are intelligent and optimistic. Open-mindedness is a must (tbh, I think that it is a sign of intelligence) because I have such a broad circle of comrades. I like people who smile a lot and who are passionate, or driven about something.

However, I get on with all kinds of people.

For a lover (in a monogomous relationship), they'd need to be trustworthy and keep me entertained both inside and outside the sack. I get bored very quickly, so somebody impulsive and who loves change and new experience like I do.
  • Options
    People who treat you with regards to your feelings and civil rights are good. Those who are fair and courtesy are worth knowing.
  • Options
    If I'm working with someone, I look for leadership and innovation. I don't want to work with someone who's forever trying to get my approval on something, or forever cosying up to the managers. I want to work with someone who is honest, can get on with a job but isn't afraid to ask for help when he/she requires it. At home or socially, I look for someone with similar qualities - loyalty, honesty, integrity.

As for how people see me, it depends who you ask. My friends have said they consider me generous, kind-hearted and fiercely loyal. On the other hand, if you were to ask certain members on this site, you'd be half-forgiven for thinking I was a cross between Hannibal Lecter and Adolf Hitler. Hence why I almost never pay attention to what people think of me. If people spent less time seeking approval from others, they'd be a lot happier.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Trust and loyalty.
    Peopple that will back me up even when I'm wrong and tell mje afterwards I was being a tit.
    ie people that look after me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I hate competition at work so someone who is not competing as I find this not to be good for working relationships in my field of work.
  • Options
    The ability to cook.
  • Options
    As for my qualities ....ask my husband lol....no, I would like to think that I have a heart of gold. I listen to my husbands opinions and not to be judgemental. We try to understand each other but sometimes that is not always the case haha.
  • Options
    With me and my fiance it was common grounds. I found that he's always willing to listen and share opinions, instead of trying to override what I say. He gives me space to breathe and lets me be myself. He always tells me he fell in love with my smile at first sight and my personality, instead of just wanting me for looks. He makes me feel beautiful and he never stops giving. He's truly everything to me. He helps me see the world through untainted eyes and he's always got a shoulder to cry on. Even just having him there makes me feel better.
  • Options
    With me and my fiance it was common grounds. I found that he's always willing to listen and share opinions, instead of trying to override what I say. He gives me space to breathe and lets me be myself. He always tells me he fell in love with my smile at first sight and my personality, instead of just wanting me for looks. He makes me feel beautiful and he never stops giving. He's truly everything to me. He helps me see the world through untainted eyes and he's always got a shoulder to cry on. Even just having him there makes me feel better. He's got a very outgoing personality and I was drawn in from day one.
  • Options
    In my partner and friends I like someone who has a very similar sense of humour (I am quite quirky so its good to find someone that can share that without thinking I am crazy), quiet but knows how to have fun, thoughtful, caring, genuine, able to communicate well and willing to stand up to me or back down depending on the situation.

In work I think someone that is dedicated, willing to help others for the good of the business and not just out to prove themselves, honest, willing to take considered risks.
  • Options
    humour, open mindedness, style, friendliness, intelligence, creativity
  • Options
    Shit loads of money :thumb:
  • Options
    Spunky jackets :)
  • Options
    I wrote this last night as a bit of a joke...its highly excessive but still i thought i'd share it with you:

Wanted- Inteligent and good looking male- must be under 6,2 but taller than 5,6, creative but practical, fun loving but mature in outlook, no children- but no childhaters! GSOH, open minded, caring, honest and apreciative, must not have an overwhelming passion for football, Pro evo, or cars, no homophobes, racists or sexists.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Spunky jackets :)

Whatever floats your boat, pal :thumb:
  • Options
    i find drive, the ability to listen and actually care and toughtfullness are really good characteristics that make you want to be the best you can towards the people who display these qualities in a relationship or a friendship.

making you laugh till u wanna pee is also a bonus =D
  • Options
    people i tend to get on with are usually laid back and are not afraid to make a complete goon out of themselves.

also people who like southpark, charlie brooker .. etc :thumb: