Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I suffer from some sort of anxiety attack and it's driving me crazy!!

I've been to my Dr and tried to explain but was just fobbed off.

Basically I become anxoius in situations I can't control and this is generally when I'm travelling, so either in the car or on the bus. I never ever used to be like this and it seems that it has just come on in the past month!
But it's odd because I become anxious about the fact I can't go to the toilet, I'm sure I go to the toilet (for a wee :blush: ) WAY more than the average person but now it's really starting to bother me. I'll go the loo before I leave the house for the bus or before I get in the car, and I could go about 5 times in the hour before, but as soon as I get in the car or on the bus I'll start to think I need the loo and it becomes so desprete. It's getting so bad that I actually think I'll wet myself!! I think I might have irritable bladder which I'm sure can't be helping.
I got the bus to meet my bf at work and it generally takes about 25 minutes and by the end I'd worked myself up so much that I really felt if I didn't get off the bus I would really wee, it was that bad I was tempted to get off and go in a bush!
I carried on though and managed to make it, even though I was nearly crying :crying: When I got off the bus the feeling went away, I didn't have that desperete need and felt alot better. No sweaty palms and no fast heart beat.
I'm fine when I'm walking anywhere and when I'm driving, like normally my bf drops me off at uni and for the past 2 weeks he's been doing it I've the same anxious feeling. Today I had the car and felt perfectly fine :rolleyes:

It's really driving me crazy and is actually really getting me down :(

I don't know what to do......and well I am tempted to borrow a few Tenna ladys from my placement if it gets any worse ;)

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps it is a symptom of underlying worries. I know that when life was getting me a while back I became anxious and small things seemed insurmountable.

Find a councillor in your area and go for a session. Talk things through.
  • Options
    Perhaps it is a symptom of underlying worries. I know that when life was getting me a while back I became anxious and small things seemed insurmountable.

Find a councillor in your area and go for a session. Talk things through.

Thanks, I'm going to go back to the nice (and rather fit ;) ) doctor as soon as I can and hopefully he will listen :yes:
  • Options
    The tena ladies from work thing isn't such a stupid idea, you never know, if you've got that reassurance you may find the anxiety doesn't build up.
  • Options
    The tena ladies from work thing isn't such a stupid idea, you never know, if you've got that reassurance you may find the anxiety doesn't build up.

No I can't wear them! I joke about it but I think I would have to be seriously desperete :no: It would make me feel worse I think, because at my age I shouldn't have to wear them!

I did try just wearing a pantyliner and that didn't make any difference :no:
  • Options
    i suggest you get another opinion for another GP, or maybe a psychologist or other type of counsellor

i have panic disorder and i am on medication (xanax) which really helps

i would definitely pursue this further if i were you

good luck :)
  • Options
    I used to have the same sort of thing and still do a bit, but it was a lot worse. I avoided public transport for a good few years and would never travel with people I didn't feel safe with, I mainly felt safe with family.

I don't know what to suggest really other than definitely go see another GP and talk to them, have you shared this problem with your fella, he might be able to other some advice and it might make yo feel better, maybe talk to your family if yo feel like it.