Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Close Friendships and Trust

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I find it so hard to trust people. I had a conversation with a friend today about how I find it hard to talk to people. I clam up, I can't do it. People so often say that talking about things helps, but what if the person you tell can't look you in the eye anymore? One of the very few people I've ever trusted can't talk to me anymore. For some reason he just struggles to be friends with me, knowing what I've been through.

Is this a common reaction? Or are the people/friends I know just shit? Am I better off just keeping certain subjects to myself or is it healthy to talk things through with people?
I just feel the need to talk and talk until ridiculous oclock in the morning but still have a friend that cares about me.
Isn't this what real friends are for?

Comments

• Options
    It is always good to talk....trust is a very big thing to gain for anyone. Do you lack the confidence to talk to the opposite sex? Why does he struggle to be friends with you?
    I always love to talk but also have to find confidence to talk to others at times to. Have you tried talking to him about this?
    Cannot really tell what your friends are like.

Remember it is always good to talk.
  • Options
    becks27 wrote: »
    It is always good to talk....trust is a very big thing to gain for anyone. Do you lack the confidence to talk to the opposite sex? Why does he struggle to be friends with you?
    I always love to talk but also have to find confidence to talk to others at times to. Have you tried talking to him about this?
    Cannot really tell what your friends are like.

Remember it is always good to talk.

I don't know. We used to just chat till all hours of the morning then after I dared myself to disclose something really private he just found it hard to talk to me so happily/freely.
    I always find it easier to talk to the opposite sex, to be honest. I just feel like men judge me that little bit less than women do. Women are bitches, hence most of my closest friends are men.
  • Options
    I am non-judgemental....maybe mental hehe...besides I dont know you or will I ever know you in friends way in real life. Yes women can be bitches but so can men too...sorry men....not sexist either.

I am always ears to anyone even in cyberspace .....

apart from scammers or idiots

Try talking to him again to find out why he is being like this.

We are all here for people to talk to and discuss things with.
  • Options
    It's been nearly three years now so it would just be too weird... Ah well!