Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me n my bf live 5 hours apart and because of his job and his band we don't see each other much. Everytime we've seen each other since we've been going out I've gone to see him, either to a gig or to his house. He has said he'll come and stay with me for the weekend, in fact last time was his idea, but because of work he's not been able to.

Talking to him yesterday he told me that in a couple of weeks we might be able to sort it for to me to stay with him for the weekend and go to a gig with him, and I told him i want him down south as well and he said OK.

Now i know we should take every opportunity we can to see each other as it doesnt happen that often but i dont want it end up me going to see him the whole time. (The cost of petrol to get there is nearly my whole student budget for a week!!)

He says he'll come the next weekend he has and has also said he just doesn't like the South. I'm worried that although the last time was his idea for him to come to me, he never will.

Should I not go and see him in 2 weeks time to make a point, even though we should make use of all thw time we have, or just stop worrying?

Comments

• Options
    If he won't give you half the petrol money, you could say you just can't afford it - which isn't really a lie if it's all your weekly budget. It's not fair if you have to pay to go and see him when it wouldn't be impossible to come down to the south.

I was in an LDR living in the south and my bf was in the north - he worked weekends so it was almost impossible for him to come, but he did make the effort and booked a couple off to come and see me and we did some really good stuff. This dude sounds like he's just saying he'll come to pacify you, and not making any effort. Maybe you could tempt him by the prospect of going and doing something exciting that you can't do in his hometown :)
  • Options
    Still need some advice on this one!!!
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Still need some advice on this one!!!

He isn't making much effort. Tell him you can't afford it, and that you'd like him to come see you. Everything is his way, at the moment.

'Not liking the South' is a bullshit excuse.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Should I not go and see him in 2 weeks time to make a point, even though we should make use of all thw time we have, or just stop worrying?

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. You'll end up regretting it if you don't go to see him. I think you need to have a word with him and explain how you're feeling, try to reach some sort of compromise. Its hard enough being in a LDR without "making points" by not going to see him. I'm sure if you explain your feelings he'll see sense but if not and you feel like its all a bit one sided then perhaps you need to have a rethink about where you stand.