Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Money for groceries to be delivered?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know how feasible this would be but my tutor has advised me to try to get 'some authority' to pay so that I can have my groceries delivered because of the pain it causes my back and shoulders. I know it sounds silly but two bags of shopping from Morrisons left me with trouble using my arms because of the strain on my shoulders.

Is it possible to get this and if it is, who do I talk to?

Comments

• Options
    you could just get tesco to deliver and search the web for free delivery codes or £5 off codes.

I always get my shopping delivered and i think ive only paid for delivery maybe once or twice
  • Options
    The 'authority' that's most likely to do that would be DSA, Disabled Student Allowance. That is of course assuming you are a university student with LEA funding.

It covers the abnormal costs incurred by students with disabilities, be they Specific Learning Difficulties (eg. Dyslexia), physical handicaps or long term health problems (RSI, back problems etc).

That said, there's a fair amount of faff involved in applying, and you'd need medical evidence etc. I'd suggest shopping online, use Money Saving Expert to get you codes for free deliveries, and even if you occasionally have to pay you're probably in a position to be able to chose the really cheap slots.

Our Iceland also do a thing where if you buy £25 or more of stuff they deliver for free.

Other options are seeing if the people you live with want to do a shop online and split the delivery costs, do your shopping in small chunks so you carry less home. Use a rucsac to carry stuff in, much less pain than shopping bags, get one of those funky shopping trolleys with wheels, that way you're not bearing the full weight....
  • Options
    I was actually thinking of getting one of those trolleys :) I didn't realise there were money off things, I'll have a look at those then :) thanks!