Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

small rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry, I usually don't do this, but I'm a bit disgruntled.

right this moment I should be in Lab working for an exercise belonging to the big Instrumental and Bioanalytical lab this semester for my study. You have a preliminary talk with the prof of each different exercise (1 exercise a day) if you understand the matter to be allowed to work there (otherwise you could do something wrong and might do damage to an million euro instrument).

This exercise today would be just computer work, especially statistics. We (my lab partner and me) weren't quite the brightest bulbs in statistics (what a boring excuse for 'science' anyway) and the Professor was just an utter asshole and sent us home. He asked really stupid questions and when we talked to other students who completed this exercise already and it was oh so easy. I just asked them one question of what the prof asked us and they were like, "hmmm, pfff, ermmm... well... oh I have work to do."

I handle bad grades so bad, because I get really nervous and of course there is a pressure to succeed now and there will be at least 2 very hard preliminary talks to 2 difficult exercises.

In total, one negative grade is excusable, but 2 and you're out.

That sucked :(