Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sick of being single...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right as the title says I'm completly sick of being single
I miss the intimacy of sharing something specail with someone that i feel for so strongly, I just want to be with someone that feels the same way

Any way, the main reason i'm posting tonight is this:
A while back (some of you may remeber the post) I met a girl i totaly fell for, we were good friends and even though we havn;t seen each other in ages we still talk occasinaly on msn and myspace etc, In the end i didn't tell her how i felt cos I didn't want to risk losing her as a friend, after a couple of months i thought i had moved on and i started going out with another girl and it was going great for a while but then i started to have regrets and i broke up with her, its happened in the relastionship after that as well, both girls i'm still friends with etc
Any way i started thinging about whats going on with my life atm, starting college, meeting new people, playing gigs and i realised that i still have feelings for the first girl, I really want to ask her out but i'm in college and shes in school still, and theres no real chance for us to meet up as we both have part time jobs and i have band practises as we've got quite a few gigs soon and we got some studio time booked, I really want to hang out with her but i really don't no how to tell her
I guess the main thing i want is some help on how to be more confident in asking her out and telling her things, every time i see her or even talk to her i feel nervous and I realise that shes stunning and i'm not even in her league,
I really don't no what to do
move on or try it with her and see how it goes
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Given that you've already discontinued two relationships with two different girls because you were still having feelings for the first one, it doesn't seem like you just miss being close in general, from what I read, it seems you have genunie feelings for that girl, so you should probably go for it. But of course, always a chance of messing up a friendship if she were to recect you and you don't think you can manage to be just friends.

But, sometimes one does have to take chances, if not no relationship would go nowhere.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • Options
    Mate, just strip away all the bull shit and look at the bigger picture.

You like her.
    You aren't allowing other relationships to work because you like her.
    You regret not taking that chance with her.

IMO -You should tell her how you feel...regardless of the long term outcome.

You can always justify reasons why relationships wont work but sadly you're never going to have straight forward easy life, there will always be something or someone in the way if you let it.

Don't be a pussy like me :no: ...Tis better to try and fail than to be sitting at home on a sat night wondering 'what could have been'.

Anyway I still think all relationship are shit and will end in doom and gloom but that's just me! :p
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    and theres no real chance for us to meet up as we both have part time jobs and i have band practises as we've got quite a few gigs soon and we got some studio time booked, I really want to hang out with her but i really don't no how to tell her
    Make it something that sounds completely innocent, but gets you alone together. Like a game of Scrabble or something.

Sounds daft but Scrabble has got me laid twice.

I have a lot of respect for that board game.