Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lack of Lube Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is starting to become a REAL problem and Im starting to think there is something wrong with me as this has never been a problem before...:sour:
Ive been with my Boyfriend :heart: for nearly 6 months, we have managed everything except sex...
the main reason (at first) was that my boyfriend was uncomfortable as i was raped and abused when i was younger, which made him feel slightly uneasy...:yeees:
I understood this perfectly altho i have to admit it upset me a little.

NOW... i think he is ready but its taken that long and really been playin on my mind that he thinks im tainted or something that i find it really hard to even get turned on now :banghead:
I mean i have moments but I no he has started to notice im not getting wet and i think he is starting to think its him.
Its really not, and im getting frustrated because i cant even seem to do it even if i am in the mood.:naughty:
This has never been a problem before, altho sex before this has only really been casual i.e didnt really mean much?

I dont no how im supposed to get over this?!?

Help?
:crying:
[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    have you dealt with your issues to do with the with abuse?

and there are other reasons that you might not be getting wet, medical ones...
  • Options
    I think i have? I mean i can still get upsest about it but that normal i guess?
    I highly doubt there is anything medically wrong, had all those checks years ago and if that was the case this would have happened with other sexual partners.
  • Options
    it can be a side effect of medication...
  • Options
    My mate's mate has always been 'dry' down there. She uses Vagisil.
  • Options
    it's not Any medication or I would have has this before. It's only with him?!?!
  • Options
    Dam i thought that you would be the one being put off by your bad past not your parnter... that must suck :(

Gynx wrote: »
    It's only with him?!?!

Erm how would you know this without playing away? :eek:
  • Options
    because she says this hasn't happened with previous partners!

and being abused as a kid doesn't automatically mean that you are scared off sex for life...
  • Options
    no your right, I mean I was so determined 2 to not b scared I kinda went the wrong way an started havin a few buddies shall we say? =\
    But that's y I don't get why this is happening with a guy I really like?
    An I don't no how much longer we can go on if something doesn't happen?
  • Options
    Apparently not drinking enough can play a part in this too, if you are dehydrated it's harder to produce lubrication, even if you are turned on. Things like hormonal contraception changes can effect this too.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    NOW... i think he is ready but its taken that long and really been playin on my mind that he thinks im tainted or something that i find it really hard to even get turned on now :banghead:
    I mean i have moments but I no he has started to notice im not getting wet and i think he is starting to think its him.
    Its really not, and im getting frustrated because i cant even seem to do it even if i am in the mood.:naughty:
    This has never been a problem before, altho sex before this has only really been casual i.e didnt really mean much?

I dont no how im supposed to get over this?!?

Help?
    :crying:
    [/FONT]

Hey there, it sounds like you've been through some really tough times and have come through a lot, but are struggling to take things forward sexually with your current boyfriend.

Some of the feelings you've had about this sound really upsetting - and it's quite likely that your boyfriend is anxious about this too. What strikes me about your post is the fears you have about what your boyfriend might be thinking. It's going to be really important for you to talk about this with him if this guy is someone you really care for and want to be with so that you can get to the bottom of the situation and how you both feel about things.

You may find our article on communicating as a couple is a good starting point for thinking about this, but in context, it's important for any couple, regardless of their situation to be able to talk about sex in a way that enables them to enjoy the experience as much as possible. You may like the BBCs info on sex communication.

Take care and keep posting. :)
  • Options
    I have spoke to him about it, an he did admitt that he was conserned that he didn't want things to happen between us until I was ready... an he didn't want me to do things because I thought I should, which I explained wasn't the case...
    I'm starting to think he sees me as tainted or if not that just fragile?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm starting to think he sees me as tainted or if not that just fragile?

Have you voiced this particular worry? Might be worth saying exactly this to him. Also, if you are worrying about it when it comes to having sex then it might be related to that - if you're not able to fully relax. It sounds as if you might benefit from a visit to Brook if you have a centre close by.