Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Visiting a GUM clinic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

As posted in a previous thread i'm really worried i've caught something after ending up with a prostitute when drunk (this isn't something i'm proud of and is the first and last time i'll do anything that stupid)

I don't really have any symptoms but would like to be checked for STI's just to put my mind at rest. Can i book an appt and get some tests done even though i don't have any symptoms?, will they just think i'm wasting their time ??

Thanks
Andy

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Andy_46 wrote: »
    Can i book an appt and get some tests done even though i don't have any symptoms?, will they just think i'm wasting their time ??

Hey Andy, gum clinics usually have drop-in times so it's often difficult to book an appointment in advance, but if you turn up 10 mins before the drop-in opens then you should be able to secure a place. You can call to find out the times - they often have a recorded message. They really won't think you're wasting their time and it's good to put your mind at ease.

Here's TheSite.org's factsheet on visiting a gum clinic which includes an FAQ, audio file and a video tour of a clinic - http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/sexualhealth/faqvisitingagumclinic

Hope it helps :)