Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's in halloween for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Soon it'll be 31st October and remember the knock on the door? 'trick or treat'- whether you're the householder or once part of a group of kids out for a laugh and spare change. Who's a partygoer in fancydress on Hallowe'en night? I for one always buy a big pumpkin and get the knife and candle out!

Comments

• Options
    the actuall 31st i'll be doing something involving the ritualist slaughter of fluffy bunny rabbits....

Not really...but i will be doing some kind of candle/incence/other odd things type night and probably a midnight meditation...seeing as its the end of the pagan calender and all that...

but come the saturday after, i shall be back in my old haunt (haha!), dressed as medusa, probably getting ratted on various spirits (again haha!) and telling various males to go fuck themselves... all fun and games!
  • Options
    Halloween is a load of shit and just an excuse for shitty kids to vandalise my parent's house.
  • Options
    ill be in india over halloween so i doubt ill be celebrating it. :no: if there ARE halloween celebrations, i doubt itll be happening whereever i am at the time

my mum bought me a gorgeous medieval queen outfit over the summer too that i was going to bloody up. bet if i wore that over there id get lynched or thrown out of the country haha :)

normally tho id just get dressed up, go to a club and get pissed!
    when i was little id go around the houses and beg for sweets

'hop-tu-nay, tra-la-lay, winnie the witch fell in the ditch, found a penny and thought she was rich, hop-tu-nay, tr-la-lay!!'
    that was the song we HAD to sing in order to get given stuff. starting to think people on the isle of man are a bit odd
  • Options
    Soon it'll be 31st October and remember the knock on the door? 'trick or treat'- whether you're the householder

One of the reasons I like living in a flat :D

I don't really do anything for Halloween, there's a club night that I'll probably go to, but for the event, not the date.
  • Options
    fireworks :love:
  • Options
    thats 5 days later....

but i also love fireworks!
  • Options
    I'll almost certainly be working on Hallowe'en night. I just pray that we don't have to dress up for the night.
  • Options
    For me it means carving loads of pumpkins, going for a spooky walk and having a big family party!!! Yey!!! :hyper:
  • Options
    Fancy dress in a pub most likely. My one's usually have lots of sweets and stuff for the kids when they come knocking. Lots of fireworks and usually a bonfire if the young one's could be bothered to build one this year.
  • Options
    My house has been in my ownership for 2006+2007 Hallowe'ens and I've not been T&T'd yet. The house is the back half of somebody else's house. I do have my own door number but it is quite hard to find my door at night, let alone at day. Just as well the couriers seem to pick up my place OK with their sat-navs :-) Apart from 1 or 2 related club nights in my time, I'm not one for doing Hallowe'en.
  • Options
    we are having a halloween party in the youth club i work in from 10 in the morning, so then i prob will go up a m8z pub in the night for her party.
  • Options
    I'm gonna get a pumpkin and maybe go out

There's fireworks in the 2nd in the park so I'm more excited about that (although why isn't it on the 5th??)
  • Options
    Im making a pumpkin lantern, but i hate the trick or treat thing now, last year we had 2 kids with no costumes come round on the 20th doing trick or treat and it kinda killed the special part of things for me :(
  • Options
    It's my birthday the day after so I'm going to PARTY!!!!

I'm working a nightshift on the 31st. Plus Halloween hasn't gained a foothold in Iceland apart from people dressing up to go party.
  • Options
  • Options
    Im a miserable cunt. I dont particulary care about Halloween, have fun :)
  • Options
    i want fireworks.. we had a few of these badboys one year (cat 4 fireworks, illegal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PCCTuAjk4

stuffed one in a lamppost and stuck the cover back on.. suicidal :shocking: :shocking:

that fucker fairly flew :D
  • Options
    Lots of fireworks,booze and a bonfire if the young ones can be arsed to build one.

I remember we used to live for building the bonfire.big huge tyres and pallets, none of that anymore.
  • Options
    3 people are leaving my team at work so we're going out that night.

Halloweeen itself means nothing to me.
  • Options
    Don't forget the scary foods at parties- sandwiches cut into spooky shapes. The plates with 'fried brains' too
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'm getting it off work and having another night of lonelyness, thanks for the reminder dickface ;[
  • Options
    We are dressing the twins up and taking them to a day long event thing at a activity farm nearby with shows and disco and carving pumpkins and stuff. Then we'll make halloween biscuits and have a little party before bed. They are still a bit young for much yet really.
  • Options
    Who's going to have a night of activity on Halloween. Anyone received an invitation to a party for that day?
  • Options
    I'm going to my mate's karaoke night.
  • Options
    a murder mystery night if anyone actually shows up :(
  • Options
    WE WILL!

As long as you tell me what we're supposed to be :p.
  • Options
    That sounds really good.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    WE WILL!

As long as you tell me what we're supposed to be :p.

Will bring invites to the lecture with character details on! :)

You dont need to dress up as your character, but dress up!!!! :D
  • Options
    Argh im not dressing up.
  • Options
    Will bring invites to the lecture with character details on! :)

You dont need to dress up as your character, but dress up!!!! :D
    Woop :D.