Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

getting tattoos!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've decided that i should stop flaffing about and go do it...

but a) how do i find a good tattoo artist,
b) how can i get my designs finalised, because i love the actuall piece, but i keep wanting to make adjustments to it and add or take things away...should i do this myself or get the tattooist to do it?

plus, should i go for my small one on my arm first or my medium which goes around my hips and lower back? I'm not having my back piece as my first i've been well adviced not to do that!

Comments

• Options
    Personal recommendations! Ask as many people as you can where they went and go and see the place, speak to the artist before you decided what and wear you want one done.
  • Options
    Or decide near-enough-on-the-day and just walk in somewhere random and have the first thing which pops into your head done...

But that would be stupid :razz:
  • Options
    flaming8 seem to be really good, but i know there are some good places in soho so i'll have a look around...

most of my friends have shit tattoos though, so i don't want to go where they went...
  • Options
    I've heard good things about Eclipse in Camden. The place I had mine done has closed down.
  • Options
    Tusk / covent garden
  • Options
    odd that because i've heard some pretty bad things about eclipse...

have you been to tusk james?
  • Options
    the best adice i was given about tattos is that once you've decided on a design, put it away somewhere for a few months, and then take it back out... if you still are in love with it, then think about having it done... don't do it for the hell of it. I have two, one on my foot and one on my back... nothing big, but my foot i have to see everyday, and i still love it 2 years on and am proud to show it off, as for where to go, look at some designs done... and then decide, its personal choice more than anything.
  • Options
    i have done that and the deisgn i still love but i keep wanting to tweek it.