Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how much would you be willing to pay for a vibrator?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've just been looking at the lovehoney sextoy awards and the best one is pretty pricey £84.99...

my current vibe cost me around £30 and needs updating (as its outlived several boyfriends, and i keep having to fix it), so alternative suggestions please...

but it would be interesting to find out just how much people would pay for their sex toys (not including bdsm kit, cos i know it costs a bomb, but its sooo worth it!)

Comments

• Options
    0 pesos.
  • Options
    well it depends of you've got it on tap or not...i most certainly don't atm...

i think 45 is enough
  • Options
    i dont like paying much, i was begrudged to pay £30 for my rabbit which I think was the biggest waste of money ever!!
  • Options
    Eek! I could barely even (ok, I couldn't) pay that much for a new pair of jeans! If I ever needed a vibrator my vibrating razor would have to do :lol:
  • Options
    i dont like paying much, i was begrudged to pay £30 for my rabbit which I think was the biggest waste of money ever!!

Oh gosh! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I spent so much money on my rabbit vibe thinking it'd make sex obsolete given the hype only to find it didn't do a lot for me. What's worse, it broke real soon. :grump:

Bought a cheap-ish vibe recently, petite and simple. Now that's something else. :thumb:
  • Options
    i do wonder if the cheap but simple ones are often the most effective....

might have to do some investigating...
  • Options
    What I feel is the benefit of something simple is that usually there's more flexibility in how you use it and where. I didn't feel my rabbit offered too much of that.
  • Options
    if it vibrates, it does the job. why pay loads???
  • Options
    cos the one i had before didn't vibrate fast enough....

and it was kinda mini

i like gadgets, and its probably just another excuse for me to buy another gadget...

i think i should design my own sex toy
  • Options
    my current vibe cost me around £30 and needs updating as it's outlived several boyfriends, and i keep having to fix it...
    Now that would be an interesting day job! :p
  • Options
    what would? fixing sexs toys?
  • Options
    what would? fixing sex toys?
    Well, imagine the look on people's face when you go to a party or something, and tell them that you fix vibrators for a living. :p
  • Options
    i do it myself...it only a bit of shitty soldering that i could have done better half drunk...oh and the capasitor which popped last time...

better to say i'm a sex toy tester
  • Options
    better to say i'm a sex toy tester
    There's whole bloody careers to be forged out of that! :p
  • Options
    this thread made any other guys go

:eek: ?
  • Options
    I would pay up to £35
  • Options
    n/a; they dont make sex toys for men
  • Options
    Yes they do. Flesh light.

Just sounds so... wrong!
  • Options
    That's not really a sex toy though is it. Not like a girls where it actually does something. It's basically a glove you put over your willy while you wank...
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    That's not really a sex toy though is it. Not like a girls where it actually does something. It's basically a glove you put over your willy while you wank...

... and?

It performs a purpose, like girl's toys. ... and who is to say they are restricted to girls, anyway! ;)

Actually, if you've ever been in a sex shop, you will find out there are plenty of toys for guys.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    there are tones of sex toys for guys, and some that could be used by either sex, depending if you like thaty kind of thing
  • Options
    i have to say that over the past few years me and my boyfriend have brought a few toys. i have heard great reviews about the fleshlights but my boyfriend hasn't tried it yet as he's enjoying a cheaper item the Turbo stroker. i on the other hand am loving the hitachi magic wand with any of the adapters i care to use. although ths item is more expensive than some i have never had such a good time! it's reliable to i've had it for nearly 3 years with no probs.
  • Options
    someone told me about that ages ago, then i couldn#t find anyone that had used it after that to get more opinions...

what is it like?
  • Options
    my rabbit cost £40 and i've now had it 4 years....

and it gets plenty of use, lol
  • Options
    Well we just purchased 'The Eroscillator' from LoveHoney which is about £130! Seems worth it so far ;)
  • Options
    Cheap Sex Toys

Your mad spending that kind of money on a sex toy.

I was looking at www.sexshop365.co.uk the other day and they do a sleeve that fits on your electronic toothbrush for a tenner.

What a great idea.

obviously I will be using my partners toothbrush not mine;)
  • Options
    Buy your vibe online, dont go to ann summers etc as you will be payin a BIG premium for the pleasure. Their rabbits cost £40 but you can get the same thing online for a £25.
  • Options
    someone told me about that ages ago, then i couldn#t find anyone that had used it after that to get more opinions...

what is it like?

I brought the hitchi just as a normal massager for the body which is actually what it's intended for, but I thought I'd give it a go on the delicate areas and have not looked back since. There are only 2 speeds, low or high but I only use the low as it's so powerful. There are a few attachments to fit on the Hitachi which are defiantly worth buying to make it an internal vibe and g-spot, I brought mine from www.sexshop365.co.uk. I think I might buy the tri-pod one next. Also there is no worries about batteries running out as it is mains powered.
  • Options
    Top1 wrote: »
    Your mad spending that kind of money on a sex toy.

Not at all, it is something that my husband and I can both enjoy and use on each other - the quality is excellent as are the different attachments.

I very much doubt you would get much of an intensity from a toothbrush!
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    I very much doubt you would get much of an intensity from a toothbrush!

I don't think I could get it out of my head that I was sticking a toothbrush down there. It's not something I'd consider particularly arousing. :chin: