Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lump behind my ear!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I noticed earlier whilst styling my hair that I have a lump behind my left ear. It sits just back from the normal lumpy bits that are behind your ears, it doesn't itch or anything and it isn't painful.

Its hard like the other lumpy bits and my OH looked and said its not a spot or anything like that. It has only appeared within the last few days, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Options
    It could be a gland. When I had Glandular fever I got a lump behind my ear, but the Dr just said it was one of my glands. Do you feel run down at the moment?
    If you're worried go to see your Dr :)
  • Options
    It's likely to just be a gland. I sometimes get a lump behind my ear when I have a cold coming or am just feeling ill or run down. I wouldn't worry too much but obviously if it doesn't go away, then go and see your doctor.
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    :wave:

I had something very similar to this a couple of years ago. Like the others have said, it's most likely to be a gland swelling, but it could also be something like a cyst. Behind your ears is a breeding ground for germs/bacteria, so it's highly susceptible to infection. Definately go to your GP to get a professional opinion.

When it happened to me I just dismissed it; one week later the right side of my face had swelled up like a hot air balloon :(