Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pain in forearm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About 4 months ago at the gym while lifting a weight from the ground to put it on the bar I got a sudden pain in my lower forearm / wrist area...

I carried on going to the gym over the next few weeks but just took it easy on that area as it was still playing up... it wasn't particularly painful... just more of a twinge.

Anyway, I went on holiday and due to other things ended up having about 2 months off the gym..

After that everything was fine, my wrist was completely fine.

I recently got back into the gym and its suddenly started hurting again!

I'm just a bit worried as to what it could be seen as it was done 4 months ago and is still giving me problems, even with a 2 month rest!

I'm going to book a doctors appointment but just wondered if anyone had any ideas?
Surely a strain or something wouldn't last this long?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    cough "gym" cough... sure... :razz:

sorry lol sprains can last a surprisingly long time. alot of people will tell you that a bad sprain will take alot longer to heal than a broken bone. years ago when i was a wee snapper i sparained my ankle nd it was fine again relatively soon but i noticed for months afterwards if i say jumped off a wall or something it would twinge. your doing the right thing by going to the doctors maybe in the mean time dont exercise that particular muscle. it may make it alot worse. dont worry yourself im sur the doctor will be able to tell you whats wrong and it will probably be just give it a rest untill it doesnt hurt during exercise or something like that.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Buy one of those neoprene supports and try not to move your wrist for a couple of weeks. I know it'll be hard (I had something like this on my right wrist and I had to sit an exam with it...that wasn't fun), but it does work. I get the occasional twinge now and again but otherwise it's fine. The physio lady said I'd inflamed my extendor tendons. Tbh if you're gonna go I would just skip the doctor and go straight to the physio if you have one at your doctor and you can do that because it's just gonna cut out the hassle really.