Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ulcers after tongue piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i got my tongue pierced just over a week ago and for about 2 days i have had really sore ulcers around my mouth!

i was thinking maybe using salt water to clean the piercing could of been maybe a cause of this?

plz help my mouth feels so swallon!! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't have thought so as salt water is recommended to help get rid of ulcers, not cause them.
  • Options
    Yea salt water is the same stuff hospitals use a.k.a. saline and it's sterile so shouldn't cause ulcers at all in fact it will help prevent them getting infected and inflamed...
  • Options
    What sort of salt are you using? If you are using regular table salt or really anything other than sea salt stop. Also, how many times a day are you rinsing?
  • Options
    i am using sea salt
    i wash it when i get up and before i go to bed
    after i eat

my tongue is fine tho it doesnt hurt anymore looks quite good........ but the ulcers r just killing me
  • Options
    ouch. hmm, i wonder what's causing it. i know that when i got my tongue pierced nothing of the sort happened... hell, by the first week i was shoving crap in my mouth because i was so happy i could finally eat!
    Have you thought of maybe going back to the piercing studio, just to ask them if they've seen this sort of thing before and what they might recommend for it?
  • Options
    admittedly i did some stuff you shouldnt do when u 1st get ur tongue pierced!

so i was thinking the bacteria maybe? cz i know ulcers can form cz of bad bacteria
  • Options
    Go back to the peircer and get it looked at. Also buy some bongella, that generally helps.
  • Options
    i tried bonjella..... slat water..... tcp its not doing much and i think they r just spreading
  • Options
    Well if they're spreading you could have a mild infection. But it could be alot of stuff that's causing it. Are they in your throat too? (If so, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_ulcer). Go to your peircer, GP or walk in centre, I wouldn't take the risk - just incase it is an infection.
  • Options
    Could always go to the doctor.
  • Options
    you said you did some stuff you shouldn't do when you 1st get your tongue pierced... just out of curiosity, exactly what kind of stuff are we talking about???
    yeah, seriously dude, u should go back to the piercer. Tell 'em everything that happened... including any stuff you shouldn't have done and see what they say. Worst case scenario is them saying to remove it.
  • Options
    lol umm oral sex and i drank once and i smoekd but washed it alllways after each fag