Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I got in a fight with my cousin - was I wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mist wrote: »
    This is a pretty obvious attempt to troll, as most of ilipintt's posts are.

i actually said this in ilipinitt's first thread that went on for about 20 pages, where she moaned about not having a boyfriend and whatever. but somehow the post mysteriously vanished. seems its ok for regular, established site members to comment on certain things, but not for occassional posters to. ho hum.

nowt against you btw mist. its good someone else is actually thinking the obvious thing here.
  • Options
    paperdoll wrote: »
    i actually said this in ilipinitt's first thread that went on for about 20 pages, where she moaned about not having a boyfriend and whatever. but somehow the post mysteriously vanished. seems its ok for regular, established site members to comment on certain things, but not for occassional posters to. ho hum.

nowt against you btw mist. its good someone else is actually thinking the obvious thing here.

no thats not true, because i said it too and mine got deleted. although i got a pm explaining why. i guess if they really did have problems it would be far from helping them to just make posts accusing them of being a troll. i understand that but i still believe it especially with this latest post. ...sorry :o
  • Options
    It's always easy and more comforting to believe that basically everyone sees the world the same way, regardless of illness or problems.

The truth is that some people do have issues that mean they don't necessarily understand or feel empathy or can imagine the world from other people's perspectives. That's frustrating and difficult and it is tempting to simply push it under the carpet and pretend a person is making up what they are saying.

The OP has posted a number of threads all of which do indicate some serious issues in perceiving other people's viewpoints and dealing with social situations. It's far better than someone has the chance to discuss those situations than be run out of town for not understanding things the same way most people would.

Some mental health/behavioural problems aren't difficult to deal with just because they are challenging but also because they can be frustrating. But I'm afraid we don't define what people can post about based on whether they are easy issues for other people to read.

It's worth noting that there's nothing particularly strange or unusal about the OP's posts for someone who has significant problems with empathy. It's just that people with those issues wouldn't normally be talking about in public, as the reaction would be very similar to that in these threads.

So the posts here may be frustrating for some people to read - but that's why we provide an ignore button and a report post button - if you choose to use that to highlight a problem we can discuss our decisions with you.

Mist's post hasn't been replied to until now because it was made at 9 o'clock on Friday night btw, not because of who posted it. And just because more than one person thinks someone is a troll doesn't make them right.

If you want to discuss this further you're more than welcome to contact a moderator - but this thread is for talking about the issue raised by the OP, not deciding if they should be allowed to post.

As to the orginal question, yes of course it's completely wrong - how would you feel if you'd punched yourself in the face for no reason?
  • Options
    ilipintt wrote: »
    He just annoys me. He's lacks confidence and is a burden on others.

Wow! Nasty person! It sounds like you'd feel better if he was dead.

I suppose you think handicapped people ought to be put down too? I mean, what a burden they are ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Troll or not, it seems we're visited here more and more often by people like this.

It's hard to think people like this arn't trolls to be honest. They're not asking for advice, they're not giving any either, they're just posting shitty attitudes which seem designed to get a rise out of people.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    It's always easy and more comforting to believe that basically everyone sees the world the same way, regardless of illness or problems.

The truth is that some people do have issues that mean they don't necessarily understand or feel empathy or can imagine the world from other people's perspectives. That's frustrating and difficult and it is tempting to simply push it under the carpet and pretend a person is making up what they are saying.

The OP has posted a number of threads all of which do indicate some serious issues in perceiving other people's viewpoints and dealing with social situations. It's far better than someone has the chance to discuss those situations than be run out of town for not understanding things the same way most people would.

Some mental health/behavioural problems aren't difficult to deal with just because they are challenging but also because they can be frustrating. But I'm afraid we don't define what people can post about based on whether they are easy issues for other people to read.

It's worth noting that there's nothing particularly strange or unusal about the OP's posts for someone who has significant problems with empathy. It's just that people with those issues wouldn't normally be talking about in public, as the reaction would be very similar to that in these threads.

So the posts here may be frustrating for some people to read - but that's why we provide an ignore button and a report post button - if you choose to use that to highlight a problem we can discuss our decisions with you.

Mist's post hasn't been replied to until now because it was made at 9 o'clock on Friday night btw, not because of who posted it. And just because more than one person thinks someone is a troll doesn't make them right.

If you want to discuss this further you're more than welcome to contact a moderator - but this thread is for talking about the issue raised by the OP, not deciding if they should be allowed to post.

As to the orginal question, yes of course it's completely wrong - how would you feel if you'd punched yourself in the face for no reason?

I would feel bad. Why?
  • Options
    I would feel bad. Why?

Because, in general, you should treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

If you don't want to be punched in the face, then don't punch other people in the face.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Because, in general, you should treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

If you don't want to be punched in the face, then don't punch other people in the face.

buuuuuuuuut g_angel. He's socially inept and a burden, can't you see? :(
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    buuuuuuuuut g_angel. He's socially inept and a burden, can't you see? :(

Oh, I forgot about that. I think the OP should just get in a car, get them to lay in the road and just drive back and forth over them until they're mush. That'll teach them.
  • Options
    He just annoys me. He's lacks confidence and is a burden on others.

That's just mean. Why is his lack of confidence an issue for you? Even then, it's not an excuse to hit someone.

:yes:
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    That's just mean. Why is his lack of confidence an issue for you? Even then, it's not an excuse to hit someone.

It annoys everyone in our family. Healthy people aren't burdens on others without a good reason. In life, we help ourselves.

:yes:

Well I do most of the time, but not for him or other people I think are bad.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Wow! Nasty person! It sounds like you'd feel better if he was dead.

Well I wouldn't care. No one has to care if another person dies.
    I suppose you think handicapped people ought to be put down too? I mean, what a burden they are ... :rolleyes:

I'm not that heartless or cold frankly.

But there are just some members of my family I despise, and he is one of them.
  • Options
    How did the rest of your family react?
  • Options
    A few of them shouted at me and helped him, but they called the ambulance.
  • Options
    How did you react when they shouted at ýou?
  • Options
    I didn't care, and just ignored them.
  • Options
    For what you know, your cousin might have had a hard time earlier in life or something like that, and you're not making that better with starting a fight with your cousin.

So? He hasn't had a hard time, but is too pathetic and acts like he has a small penis. He also plotted against me, for which I consider him an eternal enemy.
  • Options
    If he's such a bad person maybe you'd be better off not bothering with him.
    ETA: To be honest I'm not sure why I'm trying to help as it's obvious you'll not take any notice of anything I say. It's like you live in your own little bubble and you'll never change your mind on things. I give up I really do.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    If he's such a bad person maybe you'd be better off not bothering with him.

Maybe. But I'm still not sorry for hitting him.
    ETA: To be honest I'm not sure why I'm trying to help as it's obvious you'll not take any notice of anything I say. It's like you live in your own little bubble and you'll never change your mind on things. I give up I really do.

I don't believe things people tell me since I know they are duping me. Only if somebody can prove what they are saying is true would I believe them.
  • Options
    Then why do you even bother asking questions if you know from the get go you aren't going to believe a thing anybody says?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I gave up at page 4 - but it seems to me OP is bragging more than anything.

Look at me, and what I have done!!! wooo!

I am sorry, but you need to grow up, and realise there is a big wide world out there, and just because you, and apparently the WHOLE of your family dont like someone, does not make it right to punch them, or behave violently toward them.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Then why do you even bother asking questions if you know from the get go you aren't going to believe a thing anybody says?

Because they are attention seeking. They are not looking for an answer to a question. They know the answer. They are just going 'look at me, i'm so cool' and it's just a tad boring now :yeees:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Was I wrong to get in a fight with him?

:yes: and the comments you've made about him don't seem to justify the act whatsoever. You're lucky that he hasn't pressed charges against you. You could easily get yourself a criminal record for that kind of behaviour.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I gave up at page 4 - but it seems to me OP is bragging more than anything.

Look at me, and what I have done!!! wooo!

I am sorry, but you need to grow up, and realise there is a big wide world out there, and just because you, and apparently the WHOLE of your family dont like someone, does not make it right to punch them, or behave violently toward them.

OK. but i still think he deserved it nonetheless.
  • Options

Not everything a person does is rational.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

I dont see how he deserved it just because he was annoying you?

You have posted a thread asking for an answer. People have taken the time to offer their opinion, and you don't seem to take it on board.

I just hope you understand you have been lucky. As Helen said, you could be prosecuted for this. S.20 assault carries a sentence of up to 5 years.

Fancy being a jail bird?!
  • Options

It sounds to me that you are rather immature AND a bully. *shrugs and wanders off*
  • Options
    How am I being a bully? I don't bully anybody.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    :yes: and the comments you've made about him don't seem to justify the act whatsoever. You're lucky that he hasn't pressed charges against you. You could easily get yourself a criminal record for that kind of behaviour.

Would I? I doubt it. A court of law would lessen my sentence seeing how he deserved it.
  • Options
    Did your mom get scared?

Are you moving with your aunty and uncle in Belair?
This discussion has been closed.