Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cancer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know what help and support is out there?:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Macmillan are realy good and can offer great support for patient and family. Also Marie Curie and cancer counselling (cancercounselling.org.uk), I've heard good things about these two from relatives of cancer patients :)

Hope everything is okay x
  • Options
    Thankyou.
    Not really we found out yesterday my OH Chris (used to post on here as Marmite) has cancer ;(
  • Options
    omg tweety. omg omg omg. (((hugs))) You must be distraught.

I really hope the treatment works and works fast.

sending you and chris lots of love and healing vibes x
  • Options
    I know there's not a great deal anyone can say right now, but thinking of you lots.

And piecesofme is right, Macmillan were absolutely fantastic with my family every time someone got ill.

Take care.
  • Options
    Thankyou
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that :( Hope you get the support and the help you need and I wish Chris a speedy recovery :)
  • Options
    Oh no, that's AWFUL! I hope you all pull through this and it's dealt with ASAP. :(

Take care of each other and get as much support as necessary. Good luck with it. :heart:
  • Options
    There is not much I can say but I hope that it's possible to treat quickly and to hope a full recovery is soon xx xx
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Tweets, really sorry to hear :(

The best places for advice that I know of have already been mentioned, but you may find our confidential askTheSite service will provide you with further options - it would also allow you to go into more detail about the situation for more specific help.

Big hugs. x
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm hoping everything goes well xxx.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So sorry to read this! I hope it's something that can be fixed.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I am so sorry Tweety, my love goes out to you and your family.

xx
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you get the help and support you need and deserve :)
  • Options
    Today we go to the hospital to get the low down on exactly how bad and what they will be doing to help etc.
    :(
  • Options
    Good luck. Do you know if there any local support groups in you area?
  • Options
    Big Hugs.

All the best for today, ask all the questions you can think of, although I would assume at the moment it's hard to think straight so just try and remember to ask the one important question.

Who can we get in touch with if we've got any more questions?

I know it can't be much comfort but experience from family and friends has been that while other bits of the NHS have their failings all the staff involved in treating cancer patients have been wonderful and put a lot into explaining things and supporting patients and their families.

You might want to take some paper and a pen along just in the case they say anything you want to write down rather than trying to have to remember everything.

Lots more big hugs.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that :( I hope everything goes well and he gets better.
  • Options
    Oh Tweety, I'm really sorry for you both and hope the hospital appointment goes as well as it can and the prognosis is positive.

HUGS

x
  • Options
    Got everything crossed for you today x
  • Options
    thinking of you today x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. :(

Hope everything works out for the both of you.
  • Options
    Feeling more positive after going to the hospital, they were fantastic and spend HOURS talking to us about what will happen and answering all our questions.

The prognosis is looking good however they will know the bigger picture after more scans on thursday.
    Looking at starting chemo friday

He said he is confident that after this treatment he will be cured. Although obviously cant guarantee.
    He will probably have chemo and radiotherapy.
    It's gonna be a really tough 6 months + but it will be worth it.
    I am struggling with being pregnant aswell but he is worth every ounce of my energy.

For anyone thats interested he has Hodgkins lymphoma.
  • Options
    It sounds really positive Tweety, I'm glad you're feeling better about it all, I hope everything is on your side x
  • Options
    I really hope it all goes well. Good luck for him for FRiday, and stay strong!!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    Feeling more positive after going to the hospital, they were fantastic and spend HOURS talking to us about what will happen and answering all our questions.

The prognosis is looking good however they will know the bigger picture after more scans on thursday.
    Looking at starting chemo friday

He said he is confident that after this treatment he will be cured. Although obviously cant guarantee.
    He will probably have chemo and radiotherapy.
    It's gonna be a really tough 6 months + but it will be worth it.
    I am struggling with being pregnant aswell but he is worth every ounce of my energy.

For anyone thats interested he has Hodgkins lymphoma.

My auntie had that, although she died from it when I was pretty young (about 7/8 I think) so I don't know much about it.

I hope the treatment works for him, so that your baby can have a strong healthy daddy.

Lots of hugs for you both and for James as well :heart:. xx
  • Options
    Big Hugs.

My uncle is having chemo for that at the moment, and I'm always here for a pm if you ever want it. Has good days and bad days, more good than bad, with side effects from the chemo.

One of my school friends also had it, had radio and chemo therapy and is still on track with her degree although now has funky hair as it grew back different.

xxxxx
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't posted until now Tweety.

To be honest it's because I haven't known what to say, feel so upset about the news and I still don't know what to post.

I feel so upset you're going through this, and so very upset for marmite, and I can only hope your realise that everyone here at the TheSite hopes for the very best possible result possible.

All I can can say is what everyone already has - all the best, good luck and we're think of you.
  • Options
    Thanks, just to know people take the time out to reply is enough, you don't have to have the right words.
    We will get through this all be it a real tough 6 months + especially with baby due mid treatment and me having another section so i am gonna be outta action for a while too. All scary thoughts but have some good friends and family that will do what they can.
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear what you and your OH are having to go through Tweety. The only things I would say are that the dreadful 'C' word doesn't mean what it used to, there have been so many advances that you really can stay positive throughout his treatment.

Secondly I would say don't be afraid to lean on your friends and family during this time, it is one thing to know they are there but there will be times when you will have to allow yourself to let them support you both, try to let them in.

Good luck with everything.

x
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    <3