Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

jsa rules?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you know if i can get jobseekers allowance if my partner is on maternity leave, however she was not working there long enough to qualify for maternity pay so she is now receiving maternity allowance from the jobcentre.

Shouldn't stop me getting jsa though should it as im now out of work?

I know id qualify if single so??

Comments

• Options
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Aboutus/Ouroffices/index.html

8-am till 6-pm

Give them a call
    I need to make a claim for benefit - call 0800 055 6688 (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday). A textphone service is available if you have a speech or hearing impairment 0800 023 4888.

or theres a link to apply online
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I shouldnt think it would affect your benefits, but like Mr G says, you are probably best asking them direct.
  • Options
    Yeah ok, cheers, i am actually waiting on a decision but wondered how it will turn out so thought id ask here... thanks
  • Options
    Your partners money shouldnt come into it, I think it is based on how much 'stamp' you have put in.

Or something like that!
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    Your partners money shouldnt come into it, I think it is based on how much 'stamp' you have put in.

Or something like that!

Slightly incorrect. if the OP hasn't paid enough stamps, then his partners income will come into it.