Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What you suckers doing at the weekend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Weekend. What. You. Doing.

Friday - Work then out ont lash.
Saturday - Sleep, shop, lash.
Sunday - Sleep.

Done. Your turn :)

Comments

• Options
    haven't a clue...hopefully checking out the student totti, and getting drunk on cheap booze or over priced crap depending on who's buying. might wonder up to camden on sunday to see how all my mates are suffering on their stalls. other than that not much....

its nice to not be "able" to go to the ruskin arms for a while....nevermind how great it should be owing to its heavy metal history, the guys there bar a handful, are all fucked up twats and should be locked in whilst the place burns to the ground.

yes, i'm back to my normal bitter and twisted self
  • Options
    haven't a clue...hopefully checking out the student totti, and getting drunk on cheap booze or over priced crap depending on who's buying. might wonder up to camden on sunday to see how all my mates are suffering on their stalls. other than that not much....

its nice to not be "able" to go to the ruskin arms for a while....nevermind how great it should be owing to its heavy metal history, the guys there bar a handful, are all fucked up twats and should be locked in whilst the place burns to the ground.

yes, i'm back to my normal bitter and twisted self

Shit totally forgot about freshers :D Can't wait for the new intake of freshers down here, even though im not at uni!
  • Options
    i'm so pissed off about ths whole freshers thing, i've been on campus for nearly a whole week, and we have no net in halls, no su bar till next week, no common room till next week. the MAD faculty (media art design not psyc) were all enroled a week earlier, and we don't have lectures til the 6th now, so we're all just bumming around harrow and the campus trying to find stuff to do...

good thing though, i've got myself a weekly set in the SU bar Djing :D
  • Options
    i'm so pissed off about ths whole freshers thing, i've been on campus for nearly a whole week, and we have no net in halls, no su bar till next week, no common room till next week. the MAD faculty (media art design not psyc) were all enroled a week earlier, and we don't have lectures til the 6th now, so we're all just bumming around harrow and the campus trying to find stuff to do...

good thing though, i've got myself a weekly set in the SU bar Djing :D

Ahh class nice one :) Playing what you like? Or just the usual charty stuff?
  • Options
    no it's gonna be a rock night so what ever i like all night.....did go out and buy some indie stuff for request but i have got a pretty extensive cd collection...
  • Options
    no it's gonna be a rock night so what ever i like all night.....did go out and buy some indie stuff for request but i have got a pretty extensive cd collection...

Good work :) Those little freshers will love it.
  • Options
    hope they do....its something i've been planning for a good long while...
  • Options
    Take them on a journey :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sleep, work, drink, sleep, work.
  • Options
    Die :grump:
    Have a runny nose, and a very swollen throat.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Die :grump:
    Have a runny nose, and a very swollen throat.

Everyones bloody ill. People in the office are dropping like flies. That time of the year i guess.
  • Options
    it's freshers flu! Though I haven't been to any freshers events yet. Sucks.
  • Options
    it's freshers flu! Though I haven't been to any freshers events yet. Sucks.

Those pesky freshers. I wanna be a fresher again :( Good times.
  • Options
    I wish I was a fresher again too. Cardiff's swarming with them and they make me so jealous...stocking up on cheap beer and pizza in Tesco without a care in the world while I fight the rush-hour traffic and curse at the bills landing on my doormat every morning :(

Anyway...

This weekend I'm going to see my mate as she's announced she's going to the dark side and marrying her long-term partner in January and has demanded an emergency meeting with her 2 grown-up bridesmaids (I am one of them). So this weekend's going to consist largely of looking at frilly dresses, oohing and aahing over flowers and colour schemes interspersed with large amounts of alcohol consumption.

Is it wrong that I'm actually really looking forward to it? :blush:
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I wish I was a fresher again too. Cardiff's swarming with them and they make me so jealous...stocking up on cheap beer and pizza in Tesco without a care in the world while I fight the rush-hour traffic and curse at the bills landing on my doormat every morning :(

Anyway...

This weekend I'm going to see my mate as she's announced she's going to the dark side and marrying her long-term partner in January and has demanded an emergency meeting with her 2 grown-up bridesmaids (I am one of them). So this weekend's going to consist largely of looking at frilly dresses, oohing and aahing over flowers and colour schemes interspersed with large amounts of alcohol consumption.

Is it wrong that I'm actually really looking forward to it? :blush:

Nowt wrong with that, unless your a lightweight which could equal embarrassing photos which will no doubt end up on facebook (if your on that).

And yes to what you said about freshers :( damn them. But then i guess im earning money ... but i want fresher times :(
  • Options
    Too right. It wasn't fun being skint, but it didn't matter so much as everyone else was skint too - besides, there were the pound a pint nights, and I sometimes miss pasta and cheese (which I used to rely on in the really hard times).

As for the Facebook pics, that's a very good point, I shall make sure no camerage is used if I end up drunk and stumbling about in some nightmare peach satin creation :thumb:
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Too right. It wasn't fun being skint, but it didn't matter so much as everyone else was skint too - besides, there were the pound a pint nights, and I sometimes miss pasta and cheese (which I used to rely on in the really hard times).

As for the Facebook pics, that's a very good point, I shall make sure no camerage is used if I end up drunk and stumbling about in some nightmare peach satin creation :thumb:

Pound a snakebite. Haha good/messy times with that. God i cant wait to go back next year!
  • Options
    Goodfella, the only person on TheSite to whom the weekend starts on Thursday afternoon - and ends the following Thursday morning. :p

All this Freshers talk is making me feel uneasy, I must admit. Had I returned to MMU as originally planned, I would have been a fresher again this week. I don't know if I've made the right choice, frankly I don't care. Anyway, I'm going to be working tonight and Friday night. Normally, I'd enjoy work, but it's a bit of a downer at the moment. Loads of colleagues have left this week and the place generally feels very lonely right now. Over the weekend, I'm working during the daytime for once.

And don't get me started on my Facebook photo album!
  • Options
    I got duty free alcohol last weekend I'm going to get HAMMERED on saturday, woohoo. :hyper:

I might also go to a dog show, an old friend is showing a lot of dogs. I find that world so bizarre that it's almost fascinating to watch. :p
  • Options
    I'm kind of a fresher again :D
    A postgraduate one, but still... I mean, I am still pisspoor (moreso than before) so can allow myself to go to the studentbar.
  • Options
    I'm not a fresher yet! My uni start later than most so all my friends that are going to uni have already gone (one has been and quit already) so i'm just working and bumming around waiting to go!
  • Options
    I'm kind of a fresher again :D
    A postgraduate one, but still... I mean, I am still pisspoor (moreso than before) so can allow myself to go to the studentbar.

You suck. I want fresher times :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Spending time with the bird. Might escape to have a few drinks though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Celtic v Aberdeen on Saturday, getting dragged along to some random party at night but I really can't be arsed :(
  • Options
    Training on Saturday and then work at night.

More training Sunday and then my attestation in the afternoon. Then I think I am going out in town at night to celebrate!
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Training on Saturday and then work at night.

More training Sunday and then my attestation in the afternoon. Then I think I am going out in town at night to celebrate!

Training for what?
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    Friday: get married and stuff
    Saturday: have lots of marital sex
    Sunday: go on honeymoon

:thumb:
  • Options
    Job hunting and cake-baking.
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Friday: get married and stuff
    Saturday: have lots of marital sex
    Sunday: go on honeymoon

:thumb:

Best post ever :heart:
    I'm so happy for you, I hope you have an amazing day and honeymoon :)