Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Amazon, Pre-Orders & Change Of Card?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I pre-ordered something a while back, which is due to be released in November. I used my gift voucher and the remainder was paid using my debit card.

Being the silly person I am, I've lost my card again. This means it needed to be cancelled and given a new one. How do I change it on Amazon so that it's charged to my new card? Or woudl I just need to change my card number on the payment bit?

Comments

• Options
    You've already paid for it, surely? I thought that was the whole idea of pre-orders. I dunno, I haven't done one in ages.

Incidentally, it's not the new WoW expansion is it :p?
  • Options
    Wirh pre-orders, they take out the money after the item has been dispatched. And no, it's not WoW.
  • Options
    Hmm i would guess that the order has already been sent to them and you recieved a confirmation email from them for the order?

So if you changed your card details with them now it would be too late surely as that order with your old card is in there system?

Maybe give them a call.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Wirh pre-orders, they take out the money after the item has been dispatched. And no, it's not WoW.
    In that case, just call them and tell them. All they'll have to do is change the card details.