Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is it veins or what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya im scared im pregnant b/c i slept with a lad a few nights ago, and the thought of being pregnant doesnt bother me.. but a few days a go i saw a woman... must have been about 7 months preggers n she had horrible almost like veins coming up her stomach! what is it and do all pregnant women get them!?? please tell me... thanx XxX

Comments

• Options
    Re: is it veins or what?
    Originally posted by sexy_manchester_babe
    hiya im scared im pregnant b/c i slept with a lad a few nights ago, and the thought of being pregnant doesnt bother me.. but a few days a go i saw a woman... must have been about 7 months preggers n she had horrible almost like veins coming up her stomach! what is it and do all pregnant women get them!?? please tell me... thanx XxX

Sorry, I cant help about the whole veins thing.

But you're saying you slept with a lad and the thought of being pregnant doesn't bother you ?? You sound really young to me, is this lad your long-term boyfreind, or is it just, as you put it a lad ?? How the hell can you say being pregnant doesnt bother you, I'm assuming neither of you used protection ??

I think that woman's veins is the last of your problems justnow.
  • Options
    I would imagine they were stretch marks, which fade after time. Most women get them in pregnancy or when gaining/losing weight quickly.
  • Options
    they sound like stretch marks, i dint get any on my stomach, but i got them on my boobs when pregnant - thats what happens when you go from an A cup to an E cup in the space of a few months! they are red at first but fade to white after a few months.
    apparently rubbing vitamin E cream onto your bump in pregnancy, helps prevent stretch marks.
  • Options
    yeah, they definately sound like stretch marks. not everyone gets em, just depends. really skinny women are likely to get them cos there stomach is growing to such a big size in a short space of time. They do fade. I think that they could be hereditory as well, so if your mum got stretch marks when she was pregnant it is likely that you will, although not certain. Its not just pregnant people that get them anyway, putting on an excessive amount of weight in a small space of time can also give you stretch marks.