Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The day after the night before's make-up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else find that after a night out, eye make-up (eye liner and mascara) looks really good the next day even if you washed your make up off???
i really love how mine goes anyway and i can never get the same look from applying it fresh.:chin:

Comments

• Options
    yup indeedy haha!

totally agree!
  • Options
    Its true, you can get the same look the next day by applying your makeup then smudging it with a cotton bud
  • Options
    No mine looks awful the next day! Haha
  • Options
    Mine always comes off completly with the shower, or face wash if I am lazy. I feel so deprived now. :p
  • Options
    if looking like a panda, but not as cute and cuddly is your thing, then maybe
  • Options
    it obviously doesnt happen for you then, and smudging with a cotton bud doesnt work either!
  • Options
    My eye makeup often looks better in the late-evening, after it's been on since mid-morning. It gives it time to soften up and smudge a bit I suppose.

But I can't say what my makeup looks like the morning after the night before, because my makeup always comes off before I go to sleep. Wouldn't dare sleep in it tbh.
  • Options
    I know what you mean - I always remove my make-up before going to bed, yet no matter what I do and which brand of eye make-up remover I use, I will always have like eyeliner left in the morning. And yeah you are right it always looks really nice and soft. But that comes off in the morning easily for some reason.
  • Options
    I find my eyeliner looks better the day after.
  • Options
    One of my parent's friends is a plastic surgeon and he says you should never take your eye make-up off at night. He says it's the worst thing for the skin around the eyes and speeds up the ageing process.
    He said you should just let it come off naturally without rubbing the eyes in any way.
    Admittedly I find this hard as even when I come out the shower I have eye make-up all over my face, but my mum never takes hers off, just kind of re-applies it and she looks great!