Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

seriously worried about the sex in my relationship, help pls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am in a very happy relationship were very much in love and having a great time with each other. were both 20 and this is my first and her 3rd serious relationship. Recently we have taken each others virginity and are making love, which was fun but awkward at first however now it very pleasurable for both of us. This all sounds awesome and for the most part it is, however despite enjoying it my gf doesnt seem to have much of a sex drive ive always though young couples were supposed to want to be all over each other all the time and i would love that however despite us always kissing and hugging, we only make love once every 1-2 weeks is this weird? i feel like im doing something wrong or shes losing her attraction for me, any ideas?

p.s. shes not on birth controll or anti depresants

Comments

• Options
    She may have a lower sex drive than you. She may feel sex too often make her a 'slut' ... I dunno, you should ask her.

A good relationship is based on good communication, whatever the subject matter.
  • Options
    It might just be that she doesn't have a high sex drive, as already mentioned. It can be a difficult subject to talk about, especially if she feels awkward or embarrassed about sex. Try not to sound pushy or nagging when you talk to her, just be open and supportive so she feels comfortable. In my experience low sex drive seems to be influenced by lots of factors besides the person's feelings about sex and your relationship- for example stress, tiredness and general health can play a part. Whatever the reason, make sure you approach the subject carefully and sensitively!
  • Options
    Also, how often do you see each other and where?

Makes a big difference to me.
  • Options
    thnks

i have spoken to her, and she says she does generally have a low sex drive, and has never had a partculary large one, but isnt it possible thats ocos shes only recently started having sex?

also we see each other almost every day and spend 90%of nights together:)

thnks for the help so far, as always these forums rock:)
  • Options
    Whether somebody has just started having sex or has been doing it for years doesn't really determine their sex drive. You'll have urges and desires before and after that first time. Unfortunatly to say, some people just have low sex drives. No rhyme or reason and she could be one of them.

Does she have a problem with oral sex? Sometimes I do that when I know he wants some but I just can't be bothered or don't feel like sex, as I also have an extremly low sex drive. Or handjobs or whatever else gets you your jollies ;)

Really, just take advantage of the times when her sex drive is up!

You can partake in romantic or sensual things if she is not in the mood for sex and it is still a nice bonding activity. Massages with scented oils are always nice. And who knows what will bring her in the mood or not. Maybe a shower or a bath together. It doesn't have to be sex, but something sexual might be nice for the both of you.
  • Options
    There's no law saying how much sex you should have. Do it as little or as often as you're both comfortable with. It's early days yet.
  • Options
    thnks

yeah the bj hj route is a commoin one she can be quite generous when she know im really horny, and i do apprecate that, just to make it clear im not mad or anything and i dont blame her, i just needed reasurance that it wasnt anything i was doing wrong, :)

also kinda weird one i got from talking to her, she said tht she loves oal sex both ways, but sometimes gets a bit bored during penetrative sex and it goes on too long, is this weird?